Ski School Instructor I – Nordic Valley – Eden
- Provide ski or snowboard instruction to guests. You will be required to teach both children and adults.
- Always maintains a friendly, helpful, and respectful attitude towards the student. Service is our product and helping guests have a great experience is our primary job.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding student progressions, terrain and teaching different abilities/attitudes.
- Encourage further Ski & Snowboard School participation by teaching high quality lessons. Demonstrate the enjoyment of skiing, give accurate feedback to students, and inform guests of their options regarding further instruction.
- Understand and adhere to all Ski & Snowboard School policies and procedures.
- Begin working towards PSIA membership. Attend and participate in continuing education clinics.
- Promote and emphasize safety in all classes.
- Wear an assigned uniform jacket with solid black or dark gray snow pants. Uniforms must be clean with accessories appropriate for ski and snowboard professionals. Overall appearance must be neat, clean and professional.
- Assist in maintaining the Learning Center.
- Communicate any existing or potential safety hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for keeping current on all emails/texts and other forms of communication from the management.
- Expected to have personal ski and board equipment that is maintained in safe functional condition.
- Promptly reports any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and or appropriate department.
- Reports safety related accidents and incidents at once to supervisor and appropriate departments and completes all paperwork immediately.
- Provide “little extras” to the general public such as directions and information, hauling their gear, and being a mountain ambassador at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or above with consistency of speed and turn shape.
- Demonstrate effective communication interpersonal skills.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytic ability, spatial perception, persuasiveness, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, reasoning, imagination, , patience, visual discrimination, excellent speaking and hearing ability are necessary abilities.
Education or Formal Training: Some teaching or leadership program experience with excellent customer service skills, a passion for skiing or snowboarding, and a desire to teach and share that passion. Ongoing training, including cross-training will be provided throughout the season and it is highly recommended to participate.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
10% of the workday is spent indoors: 90% of the work day is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including snow, extreme cold and wet in winter. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and arms; and talk or hear. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.