Spanish Speaking Brewery Tour Guides (2921 N. Tryon St CLT NC) – Noda Brewing Company –
NoDa Brewing Company is seeking TWO Spanish speaking tour guides to offer Spanish brewery tours to the community and visitors once or twice a month!
- The right candidate will preferably be a native who speaks Spanish as their first language.
- Must like craft beer, enjoy talking to groups, and be 21 years of age or older.
- No brewing experience necessary.
- Will need to be able to follow our tour script and answer questions in Spanish (see below for details).
- Will receive payment per tour given, including compensation for being bilingual, and will also receive paid training.
- Tours for guests are 30-45 minutes long.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Tour Guide represents the brand as a direct face of the brand at the customer level. As such, they are expected to represent the products of the brand and the core values of the company in exemplary fashion.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- As the storyteller of the brewery, the tour guide is expected to know or be able to learn the full history of NoDa Brewing Company, as well as have a deep understanding of craft beer including the history of craft beer, styles, processes, and food pairings.
- Greet customers at the start of the tour, as well as announcing the tour to the taproom, and guiding customers on the tour through the brewery’s production and packaging areas (“cold” environment).
- Be able to recite the “script” as taught for NoDa Brewing Company, and be able to answer customer’s questions immediately during the tour of the brewery on brewing processes, company beer brands, beer styles, company cleanliness techniques, company environmental impact, food pairings, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service with a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Must be able to effectively demonstrate problem management skills and handle self responsibility if a customer on the tour is not adhering to safety precautions set by the company, including using sound judgment and including a supervisor if necessary.
- Be able to encourage take home beer sales or POS sales, or suggest “next” beers to be consumed based on customer preferences, descriptions, or questions.
- Demonstrates ability to convey and share knowledge to all levels of craft beer comprehension in customers.
- Be able to complete pre- and post-tour activities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Suggest ways to improve tours or tour experiences in order to better serve the customer’s needs, team needs, and/or company needs.
- Completes any other reasonable request by a supervisor in a reasonable time frame.
- Practices a culture of safety.
- Participates in quarterly goal and planning meetings with their direct supervisor, and company-wide meetings.
- Informs management of any sub-standard representations of the brand.
- Keeps management informed of safety issues, equipment needs, or product issues within their job position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to walk, stand, talk, and listen to customers on a guided tour through a “cold” environment, ensuring that customers comply with all safety regulations as mandated by the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members in a respectful and timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers across all levels of beer knowledge and point customers to resources to further knowledge if requested.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to sustain constant mental and visual attention.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, and ability to problem-solve quickly.
- Must be able to comfortably speak Spanish in front of a group of people, ranging in size, enthusiastically with a projected voice (must be able to speak over white noise from equipment running in the environment).
- Production environment, including hot areas, sharp objects, heavy machinery, and fast moving equipment.
- Indoor environment, including a “cold environment,” responsible for ensuring customer compliance with all safety regulations as mandated by the company.
- Flexible schedule that can vary from week to week; weekends included.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.