Newport Aquarium Senior Staff Accountant – Newport Aquarium – Newport
Love numbers and love animals?
As a Senior Staff Accountant, every day, you will contribute to our mission of creating memories worth repeating by connecting our guests with the wonders of the aquatic world. Our Senior Staff Accountant ensures accuracy in all daily accounting functions, financial and account analysis and special assignments. The Accounting team prepares journal entries, reconciles balance sheet accounts, prepares invoices and other accounts receivable tasks. Accurate accounting supports department and divisional leadership in stewarding our resources well and making decisions throughout the year that impact our business trajectory.
If you are passionate about animals, education or conservation this could be the perfect position for you. Be the envy of your friends and peers when you tell them that a penguin walked into your work space or that you decompress by touching stingrays in our 17,000-gallon touch pool.
Newport Aquarium offers amazing perks for team members. In addition to health insurance coverage and paid time off, visit the aquarium whenever you want, share complimentary tickets with friends and family, enjoy discounts on food and beverage, merchandise from our gift shop and candy from Sweet Dreams Candy Company.
Looking to pursue your education without the debt? As a Newport Aquarium Team Member, you qualify for free tuition through Grow U with hundreds of programs available from certifications to college prep to associates and bachelors degrees. Many of these programs are fully-funded. Learn more at: https://www.newportaquarium.com/Careers/Benefits/GrowU
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting is required
- Must have experience with month-end close process, preparing journal entries, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Must have knowledge of general financial accounting. Experience with deferred revenue is a plus
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, be accurate, and thorough
- Must be able to meet required deadlines and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work individually, as well as be part of a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software, SQL database-based accounting systems (JD Edwards preferred), Microsoft Outlook e-mail systems. Experience with ticketing and sales systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ethics that generate and sustain a positive team atmosphere and professional environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to respond to emergencies when needed
- Successful completion of credit and background check
- Salary range: $60K to $85K
YOU CAN EXPECT:
You can expect to work on projects that have never been done before – ideas that are unproven, and concepts that make people smile. You can expect to have fun and be treated with respect the minute you start…and through to the end. You can expect to work in an environment that is highly innovative and low in politics – truthful and filled with smart people!
And most of all, you can expect to work hard and make a difference in our world by helping to bring families closer together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.silkroad.com.