Newport Aquarium Guest Experience Director – Newport Aquarium – Newport
Ready for a leading role in a conservation-focused, family-friendly organization? Daily, you will lead all non-admissions revenue generating activities and guest directed operational functions at Newport Aquarium and related businesses. You will direct the overall planning and direction of the Guest Experience department. You oversee on-site and off-site ticket fulfillment, merchandise operations including retail, photography and food & beverage, exhibits and housekeeping, and guest area logistics. With a focus on creating “Memories Worth Repeating”, strive for cost effectiveness, efficiency, and enhanced profitability while maintaining the highest degree of internal and external customer satisfaction through our Leading with Love program. With the Aquarium’s Marketing Director, co-lead Membership sales and renewal drives and efforts. You will work closely with the entire Leadership Team and ensure effective relationships with other departments.
Newport Aquarium offers amazing perks for all team members. Visit the aquarium whenever you want, share complimentary tickets with friends and family, enjoy discounts on food and beverage, merchandise from our gift shop, and candy from our Sweet Dreams Candy Company. Plus, you can enjoy most of these same benefits and discounts across most of the Herschend Family Entertainment properties.
Benefits include PTO (vacation, sick & eight holidays); choice of two medical plans from Humana; dental and vision coverage; access to additional life, accident, critical illness insurances, and long-term disability; company-paid life insurance and short-term disability; and 401k with 3.5% company match (after one year of employment) and profit sharing.
Looking to pursue or continue your education without the debt? Grow U has hundreds of online programs available from certifications to college prep to associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. Many of these programs are fully-funded. Learn more at: https://www.newportaquarium.com/Careers/Benefits/GrowU
Newport Aquarium, one of the many properties owned by Herschend Family Entertainment, prides itself on working towards bringing families closer together and to creating memories worth repeating. Our Core Values – greatly exceeding guest expectations, serving others, creating emotional connections, constantly improving – give us purpose and guidance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Executive Director in establishing goals, objectives and procedures for the department, which include product knowledge, training, coaching, and to develop a team that maximizes sales, the team members experience and the guest experience.
- Responsible for all admissions and in park fulfillment including sales programs, POS, ticketing, access control and cash control processes.
- P&L responsibility for the development, sales and operations of all attractions revenue & expenses including, but not limited to, paid tours and programs.
- Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for the development, sales and operations of all merchandise, food and beverage, and guest services revenue & expenses
- Creates and reinforces a sales culture that ensures the highest standard of customer service and maximization of sales potential.
- Leads departmental planning and budgeting.
- Manages revenue capital projects.
- Research, coordinate and take an active part in the design and planning of all facilities and revenue generating programs in order to achieve maximum revenue & profit potential.
- Accountable for delivering exceptional customer service consistent with our brand positioning; ensuring that service is prompt, all team members have product knowledge, customer expectations are exceeded and guest recovery activities are efficient and effective.
- Leads details of guest services programs to ensure all activities are integrated with marketing and sales.
- Provide high level of leadership and motivational attitude towards all team members. Coach, recognize, guide and lead by example through Herschend Enterprises values.
- Oversee the development and use of effective standard operating procedure (SOP’s) manuals; oversee the implementation of and continually monitor programs to ensure that all policies and procedures are appropriately and effectively followed at all times.
- Responsible for hiring, retaining and developing an effective Guest Experience management team by motivating, coaching, training and developing team members towards optimum performance. Developing others is the highest priority.
- Undertake special assignments or projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelors degree in related field and/or 5 years relevant experience preferred. Must demonstrate solid guest service, retail and sales skills including: development and execution of service programs, management, budgeting, retailing and a commitment to quality service.
- Experienced in managing, mentoring, and coaching service staff. Must have proven leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, establish priorities and eliminate roadblocks to meet goals and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to read and manage sales plans and financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check
YOU CAN EXPECT:
You can expect to work on projects that have never been done before – ideas that are unproven, and concepts that make people smile. You can expect to have fun and be treated with respect the minute you start…and through to the end. You can expect to work in an environment that is highly innovative and low in politics – truthful and filled with smart people!
And most of all, you can expect to work hard and make a difference in our world by helping to bring families closer together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.silkroad.com.