Tour Guide Animal Care – The Mirage – MGM Resorts International –
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To Entertain The Human Race.
The Tour Guide/Educator I is responsible for welcoming all guests to the habitat and providing educational information to all guests through a variety of established programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests, answer any questions and provide memorized and approved educational information to groups or individuals through a variety of established programs including poolside narrations, VIP tours, and School Tours
- Maintain the cleanliness of the habitat and ensure guest and animal safety by reporting any known concerns to the appropriate management
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Ability to engage guests and employees in a highly energizing and motivating way
- Ability to speak and or learn a second language other than English
- Knowledgeable of animal biology and/or behavior
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Proficiency of Mac, iPad, and computer software to include Outlook, MA Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as office equipment, i.e. telephone, copier, fax machine
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Work varied shifts, to include weekends and holidays
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College or university education
- Six (6) months of experience working in a similar guest service role in a hotel and/or zoo or museum setting
- Experience collaborating with multiple departments and business contacts to attain mutually beneficial success
- Public speaking experience
Las Vegas, Nevada
To apply for this job please visit mgmresorts.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.