Lead Software Engineer
If you like to be hands-on but also involved in team coaching and development, then we would love for you to express your interest in joining us as a Lead Software Engineer role. You will be part of a creative and collaborative process where we work together to experiment and innovate which helps our members on their journey of booking their next dream holiday!
Problems we are trying to solve
- Consistently improving the user experience of the pre-book customer journey by
- Ensuring non-disruptive transition from our legacy frontend to a modern pre-book customer journey powered by server-side rendered React.
- Keeping the performance of business-critical and high-traffic web pages and API high.
- Delivering timely key business initiatives, such as restructuring the information architecture of revenue-driving, high-traffic web pages.
- Iteratively defining the upcoming improvements for the pre-book customer journey justified by thorough discovery work.
The deal breakers…
- Clear, effective and conscious communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record in leading cross functional product squads:
- Owning delivery metrics.
- Championing Agile and LEAN delivery processes.
- Removing obstacles and blocking issues slowing down the squad.
- Helping others grow through mentoring and coaching.
- Aligning timely with other squads on high-impact changes and delivery plans.
- Strong sense of continuous improvement.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Technical and non-technical ownership.
- Strong expertise in web application development using Grails 4+ or other JVM technologies (e.g. Spring Boot and Hibernate)
- Proven frontend development skills – React.js, Typescript, Apollo Client (GraphQL), CSS, HTML
- Applied knowledge for developing and maintaining AWS Lambdas based on node.js
- Experience with object relational mapping (ORM), SQL and no-SQL databases.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented programming, design patterns, and distributed systems design.
- Fluency in Groovy or willingness to learn.
Click the apply button to go to our careers page and to view the full job description. Look forward to receiving your application!
To apply for this job please visit careers.secretescapes.com.