Climbing Wall Guide – Jay Peak Resort – Jay
PART-TIME | SEASONAL
This is where we’re supposed to give you a quick introduction about working at Jay Peak. Except there’s nothing quick about what your experiences will be or what our expectations are. In summary, we will expect you to work hard, to help fellow teammates, to service the guest and to have fun. In return, we will pay you fairly, let you know (and more importantly make you feel) that you are valued, and, if you’re so inclined, work with you to help create a career. Still interested? Keep reading.
The Climbing Wall Guide acts as a climbing and center resource for guests. Must be able to successfully execute rescue takedowns from both the vertical and horizontal climbing elements, provide first-aid/basic First Responder care including CPR and AED if needed, communicate professionally, be comfortable providing hands-on assistance and be able to survey the climbing center on a routine basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Inspects climbing equipment and climbing terrain on a daily basis.
- Is able to successfully execute rescue takedowns from climbing elements.
- Is able to perform basic first-aid/First Responder care including CPR and AED administration.
- Ensures the safety of the various climbing routes.
- Is responsible for the safety of visitors to the climbing center.
- Creates an overall positive guest experience and supportive environment.
- Is enthusiastic about the sport of climbing.
- Becomes familiar with the equipment being used in the center.
- Provides visual acuity necessary to inspect and monitor equipment and operations.
- Has a basic level of fitness/athleticism as the job will require climbing of 30-foot walls.
WHY WORK AT JAY PEAK?
We’re a team of good-natured folks at the heart and soul of a growing resort community. Our co-workers are our friends, so we happily go the extra mile for each other and our guests. We’re rewarded fairly for our collective efforts and encouraged to pursue individual goals. We’re a family, one that gets to choose its members. We strive for an authentic, community driven Resort that derives its vitality from the on-mountain experience, respect for its history & what has come before it, and its employees whose energy and spirit are its foundation. It’s not for everyone but we’re not looking for everyone-we’re looking for you.
IF YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Wages starting at $17.00 per hour
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k program eligibility with employer match after a year of employment with 1,000 hours of service
- FREE or deeply discounted season passes for you and your dependents
- Employee Recognition Programs (including daily, monthly, yearly, and seniority programs)
- Seasonal employee parties
- Regular free employee breakfasts/lunches, family events, and parties
- For a full listing of employee perks both on and off-property, click here
Jay Peak Resort is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Jay Peak Resort will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, or for a full listing of all physical demands/requirements, working conditions, environment, and all other ability qualifications for this role please contact the Human Resources office at 802-327-2183 or [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit jaypeakresort.applytojob.com.