Museum Gallery Officer/Guard – Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum – Boston
ISGM Core Values:
Isabella Stewart Gardner believed that art had the power to change lives and she built a beautiful, personal, and immersive Museum setting to do so. Today the Gardner is a living embodiment of her bold vision; a dynamic place where ideas and creativity in all its forms inspire visitors. Through exhibitions, music, programs, and performances we strive to tell new stories and challenge assumptions through diverse voices and community members.
Our Core Values are:
- Creativity is our Legacy
- Community is our Purpose
- The Collection is our Catalyst
- Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion are our Commitments
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is preparing for an exciting new exhibition and we need Gallery Officers for the protection of the collection and the safety of all staff and visitors. We are looking for candidates that can commit to full-time or part-time schedule (minimum 21 hours/week), weekend availability is required, as well as weekday shifts. This is a great opportunity for those who are looking to work in an inspiring and beautiful setting surrounded by arts and culture. The hourly rate for this position is $18.00.
Integrity, Respect and Service Orientation:
- Respond to visitor/ staff requests and questions about the collection in a respectful, courteous and professional manner while keeping the focus on the collection safety
- Be customer service oriented when enforcing museum policies and dealing with the public
- Perform escort duties into restricted areas of the museum as directed
Managing Interpersonal Conflicts and Interactions:
- Maintain professional communications and interactions with visitors, colleagues, guests, vendors, and contractors from multicultural backgrounds
- Present a professional image in accordance with established uniform and appearance standards
- Respond to emergency situations such as medical, theft, fire, vandalism and other incidents in a timely manner
- Keep Security Managers and the Director of Security informed of all incidents verbally and/or via written reports
- Protect the museum collection from theft and damage, monitoring visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum policies and procedures
- Ensure the safety of all visitors and staff members keeping the ISGM and CDC’s guidelines for post-pandemic health, social-distancing, and safety in mind
- Utilize radio equipment and other staff tools and protocols in a professional manner to report business matters to management and colleagues
- Demonstrate confidence and consistency working in a public place and interacting with public while keeping a social distance and adhering to ISGM pandemic work guidelines and procedures
- Carefully observe actions in the galleries as assigned and respond to object alarms
- Control and monitor access points of the building
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Work actively and cooperatively with others on within the Museum, particularly the security staff, to help colleagues in the successful delivery of their duties
- Attend all training meetings and perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a fast paced security environment is preferred
- Ability to work weekends
- Willingness to represent the Museum’s expectations for professional conduct at all times.
- Demonstrated success and ability to regularly and sustainably meet shift requirements
- Flexibility to work events and extra shifts a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be able to interact with others with professionalism and courtesy and calmly handle stressful situations
All employees of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status. If an employee is not vaccinated, they will need to go through an interactive process of requesting for religious or medical accommodation and to submit weekly testing results, in addition to following other federal, state and CDC recommendations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion is one of the core values we hold close to our business practices. ISGM is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, genetics, military/veteran status, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable laws.
Request An Accommodation: Applicants with disabilities who are unable to fully access ISGM’s online application system may contact us at [email protected] for assistance with a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.