Director of Housekeeeping – HYATT PLACE DEWEY BEACH – Dewey Beach
Director of Housekeeping
Hyatt Place DeweyBeach is an award-winning full-service resort hotel nestled between theRehoboth Bay and the Atlantic Ocean featuring 145 guest rooms (including 15luxury suites), 20,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space and ahigh-volume restaurant. We are seeking aDirector of Housekeeping to oversee all housekeeping operations in the hotel’scontinuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financialprofitability. This position directly reportsto the Director of Rooms.
Team Member Benefits:
• Medical,Dental and Vision
• EmployerPaid Life Insurance
• OtherSupplemental Benefits
• EmployerMatched 401K
• Hotel RoomDiscounts across multiple brands
• Enhancedpaid vacation, sick time and holiday pay
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, recruit, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas and grounds for cleanliness, appearance and safety.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards in guest rooms, meeting space, and public areas.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests’ complaints and concerns.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to workers and schedule shifts or notify vendor of weekly staffing needs.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction. Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Take inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to insure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Be aware of and communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operation of the department or the hotel.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline of team members as needed and in accordance of company policy.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Participate in hotel’s MOD program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in the hospitality field preferred.
- Two Years working as an Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Department leader required.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Must be able to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external guests.
- Must have knowledge of departmental operations.
- Must have knowledge of computers and training techniques.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating situations and in making sound decisions.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and cordial behavior.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts as dictated by business and staffing levels.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
- Excellent communication, organization, written and guest relations skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
Jobdescriptions and responsibilities are subject to change depending on businessneeds.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.