Driving Tour Guide – HR Outfitter – Jacksonville
Go Tuk’n is a locally owned and licensed Tour, Private Event, and Urban Transportation company. We believe in “locals helping locals” and are looking for a full-time Tour Guide to join our team! Our office is in downtown Jacksonville, FL, and we are looking for someone passionate about good times, storytelling, theatrics, history, and architecture. Must be people-oriented and want to give the highest level of customer service possible. Flexible shifts are available, with our full-time staff needing to be available primarily Thursdays to Sunday and Tuesdays (day and evening hours are typical) with the flexibility to pick up other work shifts. Other driving opportunities exist with private transportation efforts as well.
As a Tour Guide/Driver at Go Tuk’n, you will be responsible for ensuring guests have a fun and safe experience visiting the great city of Jacksonville, FL, in one of our Tuk Tuk vehicles. Most of our vehicles are authentic European Tuk Tuks that provide a more intimate experience for our customers. These are luxury, eco-friendly three-wheeled vehicles built for tours & transportation. It is the BEST way to see Jacksonville!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a variety of guided driving services to guests that include tours such as architecture tours, art tours, drinking experience tours, corporate events, specialty events, seasonal tours, and shuttle services
- Learn various tour routes and scripts to appropriately deliver tours topics, instruction, and commentary
- Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours, or through places of interest, such as industrial establishments, public buildings, historic homes, or art galleries
- Describe points of interests to group members, and respond to questions
- Teach guests about the surrounding area’s history and interesting facts.
- Monitor visitors’ activities to ensure compliance with tour regulations and safety practices
- Drive motor vehicles to transport visitors to establishments and tour site locations
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles to include washing and detailing
- Charge the Tuk Tuk during “off tour times” throughout the day
- Schedule groups and rides using scheduling software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving skills
- Strong public speaking and customer service skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a group setting to complete tasks.
Work Location and Schedule
Tour Guides are based out of the Go Tuk’n office in downtown Jacksonville, however they may be located anywhere in the area depending on our tour routes and special events.
Full-time Tour Guides must be available to work Thursday to Sunday (day/evening based on tours) and Tuesday. Evening shifts for Friday/Saturday night for the Shuttle transportation service could be an additional opportunity.
Part-time Tour Guides must be available to work Thursday nights through Friday nights and need to be flexible to work other days and hours throughout the week.
Qualified applicants must be at least 24 years of age with a clean driving history, possess a valid driver’s license, and be eligible to pass a MVR and background check. Applicants must be able to fully operate and physically get in and out of the Tuk Tuk vehicle.
Preferred qualifications include previous experience as a professional driver, tour guide, or educator. Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus, but not required.
Tour Guides are paid $12 to $16 per hour depending on how the variety of guided trips they are trained to lead, plus tips. The average Tour Guide generally makes on average $24 to $32 per hour.
The role is considered a sedentary position, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Will be required to be able to wash/clean each of the vehicles on a regular basis as well.
Incumbents in this role typically require sitting and driving for prolonged periods, communicating with others to exchange information, repeating motions that may include wrists, hands and/or fingers, assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
To apply for this job please visit hroutfitter.workbrightats.com.