At FareHarbor, our mission is to make experiences better for everyone. Founded in 2013 in Hawaii and acquired by Booking Holdings in 2018, FareHarbor creates powerful tools that enable our clients (think boat rentals, museums, food tours, events and more!) to operate and grow.With over 20,000 clients across 90+ countries—we’re the largest in our industry and shaping the future of travel, together.Our team is an ‘Ohana of 650+ people around the world. We’re passionate about pioneering an industry, embracing challenges with open arms, and delivering value to the experiences industry.
FareHarbor Core Values
- Think Client First
- We Are One ‘Ohana
- Be Curious and Learn
- Own It.
- Act With Integrity
- Embrace the Challenge
Founding FareHarbor required unwavering passion. Turning a start-up into the world’s leading and largest reservation software for tours, activities, and attractions required relentless dedication and vision. To date, we’ve helped over 20,000 global businesses operate successfully and are proud to have played a role in enabling business owners to live their dreams.And since day one, we’ve known that our real success lies in our people—the Ohana.With each new feature launched and new client onboarded, there is a team of incredible people behind the scenes who are full of dedication, passion, energy, and the will to succeed. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work—to believe in their abilities, to freely express their creativity, and to contribute with their own uniqueness by wearing their true colors. We take care of one another and always prioritize health and wellbeing. We give our people the space and trust to learn, to try, to succeed, to collaborate, to think outside of the box, to make mistakes, and even to fail. And then we come together to try again.From the minute you join, you have a voice. You find your space. You make an impact. We celebrate our victories, shout our successes, and are always eager to tackle new challenges. And we can’t wait to see all that’s to come.
About The Role
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting our Management team in the North America Region. You will need strong influencing skills and the ability to translate rapidly evolving business needs and goals into initiatives to help grow our business and strengthen our people.The HR Business Partner provides HR advice and support to teams in the North America region (4 US offices and several US-based remote workers) of FareHarbor. You will work side by side with the Managers in the office and with the global People team in Amsterdam. You will provide both operational and tactical HR support to the line managers and the employees in the region. You will need to be proactive, able to perform a wide variety of tasks and be passionate about adding value to your business partners. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, in a fast paced role and exciting environment. The HR Business Partner is accountable for a great employee and manager experience in the Americas regionThis role is based in our Denver office and reports to the Global Director, HR Business Partners. The role manages an HR Generalist and an HR Advisor.
What You’ll Do Here
- Be the trusted advisor for the managers in the Americas, providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to managers in all aspects of HR (for instance L&D, compensation & benefits, Performance Management).
- Create pragmatic business-orientated solutions to various people topics such as ensuring any org redesigns follows proper change management processes, helping to build a positive culture in the office and continuously striving to increase management capabilities;
- Manage complex employee relations processes and cases including absence, performance management, disciplinary procedures and outcomes.
- Develop and deliver training in order to support business needs and empower management to lead their teams more efficiently.
- Act as the change liaison for the Americas and make sure that all changes impacting employees are thought through and smoothly implemented.
- Collaborate with your HR colleagues across the globe, actively contribute to Global People projects, and provide insightful ideas and suggestions.
- Keep up to date with legal requirements for the Americas, serving as the knowledge base for all people-related legal matters and providing suggestions for proactive and protective changes.
- Serve as the escalation point on all HR-related matters within the region.
- Ensure compliance with all local/state/federal employment laws as well as relevant corporate policies/guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new practices/guidelines to achieve business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or related field. Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience within HR and 2 years of People Management in a dynamic organization with broad knowledge and experience in human resources management and HR Processes
- Strong business acumen and the ability to link HR strategies to business performance
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization and drive change
- Ability to work in a dynamic, scale-up environment
- Must consent to and successfully pass background check
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships
- Strong negotiation, organizational and consultative skills
- Must have implicit knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and their implications
- Experience working in a global company highly preferred
- Medical, dental + vision coverage
- 23 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays
- Global leave benefit
- 22 weeks paid parental leave
- 2 weeks paid grandparent leave
- Extended care and bereavement leave
- Life insurance policy
- 401k + employer matching
- Social hours & events and team-building
- Educational Opportunities
- Wellness benefits (Headspace subscription & wellness webinars)
- Work-from-home assistance
- Hybrid friendly
- Paid volunteer hours
Salary Range: $89,895-$99,884, plus 10% bonus potential
FareHarbor is committed to creating a diverse environment, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome talent that can offer us new insights and perspectives on challenges that we face, and we take measures to eliminate unconscious bias throughout the interview and hiring process. In tandem, we work to cultivate an inclusive culture in which all of our employees can be their authentic selves.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Statement for Applicants. By submitting your application, you confirm that you understand and agree that your information will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Statement for Applicants.