Guest Services Supervisor- Puerto Rico Ferry by Hornblower – San Juan – HMS Ferries – San Juan
City Experiences is seeking a Guest Service Supervisor for our Puerto Rico Ferry By Hornblower operation in San Juan.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Guest Service Supervisor will lead up our Rider Services Team, encompassing our ticketing and concessions departments. The
Supervisor will help set the tone for our Rider Services Agents, who are our eyes, ears, and friendly faces on the ground at each of our terminal locations. The Supervisor will be able to act as and train others as a ticket agent, customer service representative, concessionaire, and ambassador to the many passengers exploring the unique neighborhoods that Ferry serves.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service.
- Assist with all Rider needs.
- Manage Rider Services Agents weekly/monthly schedules at various locations.
- Enforce company policies, rules, and regulations and enact disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Train Rider Services Agents appropriately.
- Give feedback during Rider Services Agent performance reviews.
- Communicate clearly with management about any issues that need attention.
- Use forethought to anticipate issues that may arise and use creative thinking to suggest solutions.
- Make staffing change recommendations as needed.
- Review and manage end of shift paperwork done by Rider Services Agents for accuracy or any issues.
- Make cash deposits.
- Maintain ticketing “home base” and ensure correct equipment is in use and facility is in working order, clean, and organized.
- Fill-in on a temporary basis for any Agents shifts that need coverage.
- Ticket Vending Machine maintenance.
- Daily and weekly reports concerning ridership numbers, passenger information and staffing expenses.
- Demonstrate RESPECT Values and QUEST Hospitality Behaviors with internal and external Riders.
- Hold yourself and all employees accountable to the Environmental, Safety, Security and Quality Respect and SMS systems of the organization and work to support the HSSQE team to implement such systems, plans and control of records and documentation
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Position requires working on the Ceiba, Vieques, and Culebra waterfront.
- Previous experience in ferry, transit, hospitality, or attraction industry preferred.
- Experience working in customer service, retail, or visitor services a plus.
- 3 years’ experience as a supervisor or manager preferred
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.