Guest Service Agent – Puerto Rico Ferry by Hornblower – Culebra – HMS Ferries –
City Experiences is seeking a Guest Service Agent for our Puerto Rico Ferry by Hornblower operation in Culebra.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Guest Service Agents are the eyes, ears, and friendly faces on the ground at each of our terminal locations. Agents will act as ticket agents, customer service representatives, concessionaire and ambassador to the many passengers exploring the unique neighborhoods that Ferry serves. The are responsible for selling tickets, answering questions, and managing queues.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all passengers have a pleasant experience and are informed about the different ways to purchase tickets (either via Ticket Vending Machines, our Mobile App, or through Rider Service Agents).
- Must be able to handle money and tickets accurately and responsibly and effectively handle cash and credit card sales in high volume and quick-paced environment.
- Responsible for accurate cash counts and deposits.
- Promote the Mobile Ticketing App.
- Act as ambassador who promotes all things ferry.
- Knowing and communicating information about the ferry service, including rules, regulations, and basic knowledge about the neighborhood where assigned.
- Most positions require working alone, but some may require working with a partner.
- Contacting managers with information regarding any major ferry delays, incidents, or passenger complaints.
- Set up and break down of ticketing cash drawer, filling out paperwork related to ticket sales.
- Communicating with other Guest Service Agents in other locations regarding vessel delays or other information.
- Making general announcements to waiting passengers.
- Maintaining a manageable queue for waiting passengers.
- Assisting customers when boarding the vessel in order to ensure that they have correct tickets and are aware of the direction they will be traveling on each vessel.
- Manning the ticket window or location during hours of operation.
- Selling ferry tickets via cash or credit card.
- This position may require the ability to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrate RESPECT Values and QUEST Hospitality Behaviors with internal and external Riders.
- Hold yourself and all employees accountable to the Environmental, Safety, Security and Quality Respect and SMS systems of the organization and work to support the HSSQE team to implement such systems, plans and control of records and documentation
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Position requires working on the Ceiba, Vieques, and Culebra waterfront.
- Previous experience in ferry, transit, hospitality, or attraction industry preferred.
- Experience working in customer service, retail, or visitor services a plus.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.