Guest Services Associate – Higgins Beach Inn – Scarborough
Higgins Beach Inn is seeking a full or part time Guest Services Associates to finish out the 2022 season with us! Our small but mighty team strives to offer five-star service with a fun, laid-back beach vibe. Have experience? Great! Don’t have experience? Not to worry! This hands on role is a great opportunity for all to gain exposure to small inn operations!
Location: Higgins Beach Inn, Scarborough, ME
Hours: Part-time and full-time available
Compensation: $16-$20 per hour + $500 bonus if you finish the 2022 season (through end of October)
Seasonal Position: Now through end of October
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous experience is required
Guest Service Associates are responsible for the critical first impression our guests have of our properties. Guest Service Associates demonstrate exceptional hospitality in an attentive, friendly, and efficient manner going above-and-beyond to ensure that guest experiences will be worth remembering. The key service roles begin with greeting guests and ends in delivering a departure experience that makes a guest want to be a return customer. GSA responsibilities include monitoring daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in, overseeing check-in and check out procedures, including reservations and financial transactions, promptly address guest requests, actively listen to and resolve complaints, ensure special guests receive personalized services, inform guests of hotel amenities and services, appraise performance and produce regular reports, and more.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance in accordance with property standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Register and orient arriving guests according to property standards.
- Be knowledgeable about the property, its programs, amenities and experiences.
- Have a working knowledge of properties phone and other communication systems. Answer telephone calls with a pleasant demeanor according to property etiquette, listening carefully to caller’s requests, and clearly taking, dating, distributing or filing notes as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of your role in the properties reservations process.
- Serve as concierge, sharing knowledge of the area surrounding your property suggesting activities and recreation, dining options, and assisting with ground transportation and local driving directions.
- Continually build rapport with property guests. Engage guests in conversation at the desk and when you encounter them around the property. Actively listen to and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests. Anticipate guest service needs. Proactively approach guests needing service or assistance.
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) in a professional and courteous manner, maintaining composure under pressure, allowing guests to speak first and then providing solutions to their issues or concerns. Follow through to ensure guest satisfaction with the resolution. Know who to call upon if you cannot solve a guest’s problem.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that guest’s needs are continually met. Maintain an efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments. Record any special guest needs reported, making notes for future visits according to property specifications.
- Maintain accurate guest accounts and folios, house banks, deposits, petty cash and cash drawers according to property specifications. Understand cash reporting requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about how to post to and maintain guest folios according to property specifications. Must have computer skills sufficient to meet property system needs which may include Microsoft Word, Xcel, database operations, point of sale and property management systems.
- Process guest check-outs and collect and process payments with efficiency. Be able to explain everything on a guest folio and be able to make corrections as needed.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and bid them a fond farewell at departure.
- Be responsible for security of any room or supply closet keys, as well as for respecting the confidential nature of some front desk correspondence, transactions, and activities.
- Be knowledgeable of property specific safety and security procedures.
- Deliver messages, faxes, packages to guests in a timely manner.
- Perform light housekeeping duties to ensure that the appearance of front desk and lobby areas is according to property specifications.
- Label all lost and found items according to property procedures.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- May be vertically mobile for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal and written directions, as well as workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Frequent walking, bending, balancing, stooping, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, exposure to unsanitary materials, slips, and tripping.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required or personnel so classified. All persons may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT HIGGINS BEACH INN:
Higgins Beach Inn, whose origins date back to 1922, is a quintessential Maine beach hotel within a stone’s throw of the unspoiled and sandy Higgins Beach in Scarborough, just 20 minutes from the bustling Portland. Higgins Beach Inn is a premier surfing destination in Maine. We operate seasonally, May through October. Shade: The Eatery at Higgins Beach Inn is open nightly for dinner.
WHY WORK AT MIGIS HOTEL GROUP:
Our employees comprise the core asset of our company. We don’t just say that we offer room for growth and a supportive environment – we live it. Many members of our leadership and management team started in entry level positions and moved on to training the next generation. To support the well-being of our team and their families, we offer meaningful company-sponsored benefits to eligible employees and perks such as discounts at our properties and recreational staff days.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.