Head of SEO (SEO Manager)
TourRadar is a Series D, venture-backed Adventure Booking Platform disrupting a $200 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked, we provide Operators with a platform that helps them manage, market and sell their organised adventures to travellers directly (B2C) or via distribution partners (B2B2C) worldwide.
Traditionally, booking an organised tour was a tedious and time-consuming process. Where will I stay? What activities will I do? What meals am I going to have? What operator can I trust? TourRadar makes booking multi-day adventures seamless and timely, partnering with 2,500+ operators to offer more than 50,000+ adventures in 160+ countries. Founded in 2010, TourRadar was the first to transition multi-day tours to an online marketplace, making them the leader in the industry. In 2021, TourRadar further revolutionised the industry by introducing the Adventure Booking Platform, connecting travellers, operators, and travel agents to organised adventures through one platform.
With 40+ different nationalities in our team and with offices in Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible booking experience. Launched in 2010, we proudly develop and innovate exceptional talent and we are looking to scale our team.
We are currently looking for a strategic, insightful and experienced manager to lead our SEO team (Full-time) to join our team in Vienna or remote.
- Define and execute on the SEO strategy while managing the team and day to day activities
- Lead the SEO team and provide guidance for team members
- Oversee the people development of an integrated team spanning from Content SEO to Technical SEO specialists.
- Monitor organic traffic on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to assess traffic trends compared to the previous week, month, year
- Analyse user metrics and conversions to understand user intent and inform SEO decisions
- Work with product,. marketing and business development teams to provide information on best practices to ensure maximum exposure to organic traffic across all teams
- Analyse crawl and indexing behaviour to gain insights which can be turned into optimisations
- Find areas for increasing organic traffic in a white hat, scalable, and measurable way
- Large scale, in depth keyword research to discover the best opportunities for optimisations
- Using keyword research, technical knowledge and SEO knowledge to write detailed specifications for implementation by the engineering team
- Specifications will include html markup, internal linking opportunities, titles, descriptions, sitemap inclusion
Who you are:
- You know SEO and search marketing inside and out, and are passionate about it! You’re keen on finding out the latests news, and thoroughly enjoy the analytical side of search marketing.
- You understand that SEO is all about details, while not missing the bigger picture of business goals
- You understand the importance of quantifying your ideas and propositions, and have the knowledge and skills to be able to support your ideas through data
- You thrive when surrounded by numbers, large amounts of data and thinking at scale
- You have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, while being acutely aware of the role marketing plays in SEO
- You are a true problem solver, a digital Mr Fix-It, someone who loves a challenge and you will find a solution no matter how it needs to be done
- You come up with new ideas, and translate these ideas to traffic and revenue projection
- You are able to work effectively with a variety of teams across the business, such as engineering, product and design teams
- You are results driven and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry leading website
- Expert level Google Analytics and Search Console knowledge
- Advanced skill with Excel/Google Sheets required
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL
- Exposure to JS, PHP, or other languages strongly desired
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO.
What can you expect?
- Awesome Office: Located in the heart of Vienna’s 1st District, our headquarters and its surroundings are second to none when it comes to atmosphere. Every day we enjoy an open office floor plan, complete with our “barketing department”, foosball games, and deluxe coffee machines that keep us buzzing.
- Location: Vienna is a thriving startup hub, with ample opportunities to grow your network and enjoy the benefits of a city ranked number one for Quality of Living for ten years running! Affordable for families and young professionals, filled with nature parks, a lively restaurant scene, rolling vineyards, and plenty of art, culture, and events to enjoy on your weekends.
- Flexibility: Work from home, or our beautiful office and enjoy flexible working hours that allow you to structure your days how you please.
- Experience our world-class adventures firsthand and explore new destinations using our travel credit system.
- Office Exchange: As we’re privileged to have three offices across the globe (Vienna, Toronto, and Brisbane), we encourage everyone to make use of our Office Exchange program. You will have the chance to get to know your colleagues better and become a local in a new city.
- Diversity: Thrive in an international work environment that has more than 40 different nationalities under one roof. English is our official working language, but keep your ears peeled for a multitude of languages lingering in the hallways!
- Regular team outings and events: Enjoy virtual or in-person team nights at least once a month with different themes and activities to keep us all connected. Expect spontaneous events and trips together from hiking trips, wine tasting, rock climbing, and more.
- Workgroups: Join like-minded team members in voluntary workgroups around topics like wellbeing, sustainability or company culture to actively shape how we work at TourRadar
- Well-being: Mobile working and disconnected working from managers and team members have unique challenges that are different from working in an office. We are aware that even though we are working hard, it is always important to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manage our mental health. To provide the necessary help you have free and anonymous access to check-ins, therapy & workshops led by an external curated team of professionals.
- Training & Development: With annual training and development opportunities in place, we support each other through yearly Development and Reflection Talks (DaRT) to discuss individual development opportunities and future career paths. At our thriving start-up, there are many opportunities to grow and develop your skills through cross-departmental projects in our rapidly growing industry.
- On top of this, you’ll also enjoy EUR 25 home office allowance for costs arising from working remotely, quarterly team lunches, employee discounts on all TourRadar adventures, and many more!
Through a flexible startup atmosphere, flat hierarchies, and transparent lines of communication we welcome new ideas from fresh minds, so apply now and seize the chance of being part of a highly flexible and motivated team revolutionizing how multi-day adventures are booked all around the world!
To apply for this job please visit tourradar.talentlyft.com.