Operations Supervisor – Hampton Inn & Suites Avon – MHG Hotels – Avon
No matter whether a guestarrives weary from their travels or excited for a vacation, you know what to doto make them feel at home. They will appreciate the pristine lobby, a warmwelcome and pristine guest room. When they know you genuinely care about thequality of their stay, you are operating at a level of excellence which in turncreates a customer for life. As an Operations Supervisor you will inspire eachteam member to provide an exceptional guest experience. Operating at a highlevel of excellence will ensure each guest will know you genuinely care aboutthe quality of their stay, creating a customer for life.
Our OperationsSupervisor makes a difference by having:
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor
- A team-first attitude
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details
As anOperations Supervisor, you will:
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; lead by example
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors
- Strive to improve service performance
- Communicate clear and consistent message regarding the goals in the different departments to produce desired results
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, standards and meeting the expectations of customers on a daily basis
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge and skills
- Help train staff in the different departments
- Cover shifts in the different departments as needed and complete all daily tasks for the different position.
- Organize, confirm and process guest check-on/check-outs and adapt for any changes, verify guest identity
- Respond to and resolve guest requests
- Secure payments, verifying and adjusting billing as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of all guest, proprietary information
- Communicate any emergency, lost item or theft to proper staff and/or authorities
- Report maintenance problems, accidents and safety hazards
- Keep contingency lists in case of emergency and communicate and necessary messages
- Protect company assets
- Comply with all quality assurance expectations
To be successful in thisrole, you need a professional demeanor, a warm and welcoming personality, andmust be able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Begenuinely caring and compassionate and visibly demonstrate desire to understandothers. Have natural instincts and insight for finding the best solutionto unclear situations, issues and problems. Create confidence and trust, whilecommunicating the right message at the right time. Be comfortableconversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at allorganizational levels. Be direct yet tactful and considerate of audience. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephonesusing appropriate etiquette. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons onpremises. Clean professional appearance. Perform other reasonablejob duties as requested by Supervisors.
This role requires standingfor long periods of time, or entire shift. Read and visually verifyinformation in a variety of formats (i.e. small print). Grasp, turn andmanipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills andhand-eye coordination. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objectsweighing less than 25 pounds without assistance.
MHG HotelsLLC seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce inwhich employee differences are respected and valued to better meet the varyingneeds of the diverse customers we serve. MHG Hotels LLC is an equalopportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability,veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you arean individual with a disability and need assistance completing the onlineapplication, please call 317-356-4000 extension 203. Please leave amessage and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call withinthree business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent [email protected] “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subjectline of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are onlyfor those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for ajob.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.