Operations Manager – Hampton Inn & Suites Avon – MHG Hotels – Avon
No matter whether a guestarrives weary from their travels or excited for a vacation, you and your teamknow what to do to make them feel at home. They will appreciate the sparklinglobby, a warm welcome, and pristine guest room. As an Operations Manager youwill assist your General Manager in leading and inspire each team member toprovide an exceptional guest experience. Operating at a high level ofexcellence will ensure each guest will know you genuinely care about thequality of their stay, creating a customer for life.
Our OperationsManagers makes a difference by:
- Having a gift for paying attention to the smallest details
- Having a team-first attitude
- By driving results
As anOperations Manager, you will:
- Assist the General Manager in all aspects of hotel operations, day-to-day staff management, and guests.
- Ensure compliance to SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Handle of guest complaints and overseeing service recovery process.
- Assist in managing budget and ensure revenue and guest satisfaction goals are met.
- Be part of developing short, and long-term strategic goals for performance improvement.
- Need to understand the P&L statement
- Meet all report deadlines daily, weekly, and at month end.
- Work closely with the department managers and general manager to maximize room yield and hotel revenue.
- Oversee and manage all departments and work closely with department heads daily
- Maintain a great communication between the different departments and the General Manager
- Be responsible for occupational health, fire, and life safety.
- Strive to improve service performance
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others, leading by example
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors
- Strive to improve service performance
- Communicate clear and consistent message regarding processes throughout all departments
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, standards and meeting the expectations of customers on a daily basis
- Daily support the different departments in their daily operations.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge and skills
To be successful in thisrole, you need a professional demeanor, a warm and welcoming personality, andmust be able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Begenuinely caring and compassionate and visibly demonstrate desire to understandothers. Have natural instincts and insight for finding the best solutionto unclear situations, issues and problems. Create confidence and trust, whilecommunicating the right message at the right time. Be comfortableconversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at allorganizational levels. Be direct yet tactful and considerate of audience.Speak with others using clear and professional language, being direct, yettactful. Must be available to days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Cleanprofessional appearance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requestedby the General Manager. Hotel management experience required and hospitalitydegree preferred.
This role requires standing,walking, and sitting for extended period through shift. Requiresthe ability to read and visually verify information in a variety of formats(i.e. small print, computer). Grasp, turn and manipulate objects ofvarying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eyecoordination. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighingless than 25 pounds without assistance.
MHG HotelsLLC seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in whichemployee differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needsof the diverse customers we serve. MHG Hotels LLC is an equal opportunityemployer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran statusor any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
If you arean individual with a disability and need assistance completing the onlineapplication, please call 317-356-4000 extension 203. Please leave amessage and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call withinthree business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent [email protected] “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subjectline of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are onlyfor those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for ajob.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.