GUIDE OPERATIONS MANAGER
B&R’s Guide Operations Manager is responsible for driving trip excellence and organizational efficiency through the management of B&R’s Guide systems and resources worldwide. This position requires strong interpersonal and leadership skills, expertise in operational logistics, strong capabilities in administrative systems, expense management and the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organization. The guide operations manager collaborates with the operations and planning teams to ensure effective logistics of guide resources worldwide.
- Collaborate on the oversight of the scheduling of guide resources worldwide ensuring optimum efficiency and the highest levels of service delivery;
- Oversight of general guide travel and accommodations requirements, and the management of the budget for related costs;
- Oversight of B&R administrative and technical systems related to guides (expense management, trip report portal, and all other systems access);
- Collaborate on the effective design and implementation of guide expense management systems;
- Oversight of all guide contracts and related records, including issuing contracts, credit cards, and the collection and storage of related documentation;
- Collaborate with IT team as a key partner in resolving systems-related issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- Support the implementation of principles and programs related to sustainability in guide operations;
- Participate as a member of the guide management team by providing insight into overall guide training and performance management strategy, as well as insight into individual guide performance;
- Collaborate with B&R’s guide team with the goal of ensuring that guide training and administrative policies, programs and processes are developed, implemented, communicated, and consistently carried out;
- Promote a culture in which all guide contractors are driven to perform at the highest level;
- Understand the B&R business environment, culture, strategy and to provide market and industry research related to guide management;
- Support the implementation of training and objectives related to guide performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of complex operational systems, including effective resource scheduling;
- Meticulous organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with a proven ability to work with cross-cultural) and geographically dispersed teams;
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude with the ability to work with the highest level of discretion;
- Understanding and appreciation of a creative and flexible work environment;
- Must be highly organized, flexible and have the demonstrated ability to take initiative.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Past experience with B&R’s operations team and/or as a B&R guide and knowledge of B&R’s business generally is an asset;
- Experience design and delivery of training and performance management systems;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and CRM;
- Strong fiscal management skills, including budgeting and cost management;
- Proven experience in the ability to work under tight timelines.
Butterfield & Robinson is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, or gender identity. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit www.butterfield.com.