Off-Road Adventure Driver -Full Time – Godwins Gatorland Inc – Orlando
Job Title: Stompin’ Gator Off-Road Adventure Driver
Department: Stompin’ Gator Off-road Adventure
Reporting Relationship: Off-road Adventure Supervisor and Lead
Pay: $12.00 p.h., plus Commissions, Insurance Benefits, Vacation, PTO’s, 401(K) and so much more!
Summary of Duties:
Off-Road Adventure Drivers are responsible for traveling with and safely driving the guests while they are on the ride. Drivers must be proficient in safely loading and unloading guests from the vehicle. They also must be proficient in their knowledge of the course, script, and the vehicles, in order to safely transport the guests through the course. Drivers must also be able to provide a safe, exciting, and fun experience for our guests while exploring Gatorland’s natural habitats.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Before usage, check the gear associated with the vehicles, such as seatbelts, and other safety mechanisms.
- Before usage, check the vehicle equipment and be able to analyze if certain equipment needs maintenance.
- Perform any pre or post trip task assigned by the Supervisor, or lead, including clean-up inspections, maintenance of vehicles and depot area, or any equipment that is used during the ride.
- Actively interpret the environment of the trail, and be vigilant in the safety of the guests on the trail.
- Operate the vehicle at, or below, all mandated maximum speeds and/or RPM’s.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or changes in the buggy or the buggy path.
- Daily check-in and coordination with the Supervisor or Lead.
- Be accountable for the vehicle being used that day, and the equipment/items associated with that vehicle.
- Attend departmental trainings and debriefings.
- Complete or oversee all necessary paperwork for completion of daily operations.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the guests and staff on all trips.
- Adhere to Gatorland corporate and departmental employment and safety procedures.
- Must provide excellent customer service
- Must enjoy working in an outdoor environment and embrace all of nature’s elements.
- Have the ability to work independently and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Be reliable, flexible, and innovative.
- Must be available to work whenever needed, including weekends, and holidays.
- Excel at working in a team environment.
- Excel at entertainment, comedic improvisation, and script memorization.
- Be able to handle multiple jobs simultaneously
- Maintain a clean and organized work space, as well as personal appearance that coincides with Gatorland’s appearance policy.
- Adhere to trip safety and operational rules/guidelines
- Clean driving record that is compliant with Gatorland insurance requirements
- Ability to adapt to obstacles in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to provide exciting ride, while keeping guests safe on trail
- Ability to assess and appropriately manage hazards at site
- Ability to take and understand instruction from Supervisor on how to operate vehicle
- Must adhere to all safe driving instructions and protocols.
- Drivers must have three years of driving experience
- Valid driver’s license required, with no history of violation
- High School or GED equivalency
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. singly and 50-100lbs with a team
- Work in a rugged, outdoor environment
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, you will get wet, dirty, and hot
- Must be able to keep composure and remain mentally focused after long hours of work
- Ability to climb up vehicle, by means other than a staircase or loading dock
- Physically able to drive vehicle
- Ability to do multiple speaking tours continuously
- Acting experience appreciated
- Work in a stunningly beautiful outdoor environment, with nature and wildlife in your office
- Be exposed to any number of elements that exist in an outdoor setting
- Work in tight quarters, with a small team, continuously
- Interact with team and guests in a fun and entertaining environment
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The jobholder will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties upon request of supervisor. EOE
To apply for this job please visit gatorland.hrmdirect.com.