Experienced Travel Sales Specialist
Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide meaningful travel experiences. Our employees are passionate about travel and exploring other cultures.
We offer flexibility through hybrid working where you can split your time between one of our wonderful offices and remotely from home or elsewhere in the UK. As a minimum we ask that our employees join us in an office for at least 20% of the time, but we see the value in spending time with peers and therefore encourage employees to do more than this where possible, especially during their initial few months in the role.
As an ‘experienced’ Country Specialist you will design and sell personalised, tailor-made trips to Audley Travel clients, providing exceptional service. You will handle the full sales and service cycle of a client’s journey, being their single point of contact throughout the process. This is a varied, challenging and rewarding role working in a fast-paced sales environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Follow up on incoming and existing enquiries and contact clients, primarily over the phone, in order to have detailed conversations to establish their travel preferences and build a relationship
- Prepare detailed, accurate and high-quality itineraries, reflecting the client’s interests, and selecting the most appropriate flights, accommodation and excursions
- Use a variety of sales techniques and communication methods to convert as many enquiries into bookings as possible
- Where appropriate, take opportunities to upsell and switch sell to Audley Travel preferred products
- Act as the single point of contact for your clients from the moment they enquire up until they return from their travels
- Maintain regular contact with clients over the phone, email or face to face to ensure any changes and operational issues are communicated
- Maintain a positive relationship and strong lines of communication with all ground handling agents (GHA’s), suppliers as well as our Product team
Audley Travel operates a 7-day week experience for our clients. Working with us, you can expect the majority of your time to be worked between the hours of 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, alongside one evening per week. In addition, you will be expected to work some weekends with corresponding days off during the week. To help you continue to plan your personal lives, we share these rota’s one quarter in advance.
First and foremost, you’re passionate about travel! Whether you’ve travelled the world or have ambitions to discover new countries and cultures, we want to hear from you. You will have proven experience working in a fast paced, travel sales role, achieving high levels of both customer service and bookings, and you have the passion and drive to continue a successful career in travel sales. The thought of delivering outstanding experiences for your customers, whilst exceeding your targets excites you as much planning your next trip.
Additional experience required:
- Previous experience working in travel sales (either worldwide or destination specific)
- Able to lead a sales conversation over video, phone and in person
- A confident, articulate and effective communicator with the ability to convey expertise to clients
- Confident user of Office365 suite of products
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence
What you’ll get in return
- Holiday – 25 days rising to 30 days with length of service
- A day off for your birthday
- A day off for volunteering to support a charity, local support group, community work of your choice, or Audley’s Charity of the Year
- Healthshield health cash plan
- PERKS Benefits Platform – access to discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- At-cost Audley trips and access to staff travel discount websites
- Sabbatical leave
- Enhanced family leave
- Long service awards
We believe it’s our people that make the difference and who build Audley into the success it is today. We pride ourselves on enabling people to reach their full potential through promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.audleytravel.com.