Event Services – ARC Ambassador (FWS/NFWS)
Grand Canyon University is seeking an ARC Ambassador to support the mission of Grand Canyon University.
Purpose within the Organization:
The Antelope Reception Center Ambassador position is an opportunity to be the first face of representation for GCU as prospective students and their families come to campus. The main role of the position is as a tour guide, leading all tours on our campus. Outside of giving tours, ARC Ambassador’s also help in running our GCU Live livestream tours department, make all student and employee IDs on campus, and ensure a friendly and welcoming atmosphere within our office.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Maintain GCU’s quality image to each individual who comes to campus as they are typically first met with ARC Ambassadors.
- Give tours that represent GCU in a quality fashion while also being informative and helpful to visiting guests.
- Give high quality tours for all sub-departments that require a tour guide (ARC, GCU Live, Discover, etc.)
- Assist in the making and distributing of student and employee IDs on campus.
- Maintain the sense of community that drives GCU as an institution in the workplace with fellow ARC Ambassadors.
- Support front desk as needed.
- Assist with occasional enrollment and arena events.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- An extroverted personality that allows you to interact with all sorts of individuals on tours and in the workplace.
- An ability to speak publicly to people of all ages and statures in a way that is informative, professional, and exciting.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
- A willingness to learn.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Flexible schedule.
- Able to work weekends.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the university.
You may be subject to determination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 3 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 3 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Never
- Bending: Rarely
- Squatting: Never
- Kneeling: Never
- Climbing: Never
- Reaching: Rarely
- Grasping: Rarely
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023
Currently working at GCU? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!
To apply for this job please visit gcu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.