Junior Technician – ENSCO, Inc. – Chambersburg
ENSCO, Inc. is seeking a Travel Technician to conduct railroad track inspection operations involving the use of measurement tools, electronics troubleshooting, and computer operation. Position involves interpretation of railroad-published documents to derive train speed information; review and analysis of track measurement data for reporting; and operating hi-rail commercial motor vehicles. This position includes some vehicle maintenance for rail survey cars and hi-rail vehicles. The incumbent will also complete regular housekeeping duties for safety and sanitation purposes aboard government-owned survey vehicles. This position is based at ENSCO’s customer site (ATIP rail survey vehicle) and requires the incumbent to routinely be dispatched to inspection vehicles throughout the U.S. and maintain a professional appearance as a representative of ENSCO and FRA contractor.
If you love to travel and know your way around complex electro-mechanical systems, this position may be for you.
• Work schedule – 3 weeks of continuous travel, followed by 1 week off – no work, it’s your time.
• Live anywhere in the U.S. We fly you to work sites. We pay for flights, hotels, plus per diem.
• Due to the extended hours during operation, with overtime, you’ll earn more than on a regular 40-hour work schedule.
• No degree required with 5+ years of technical experience
The permanent site is in PA, but due to extensive travel, the ideal candidate could be located anywhere in the continental US.
Want to learn more about working for ENSCO Rail?
Click the below link or copy/paste in your browser to view the ENSCO Rail Careers & Culture Handbook:
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
- Experience with quality management/assurance program
- Railroad environment/industry experience
- Hydraulics maintenance/troubleshooting
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Ultrasonic Testing (NDT, UT) in railroad inspection industry, preferred
- Pneumatic brake systems
- Welding & fabrication
- Diesel engine mechanics
- Soldering and cable assembly
- CPR/First Aid certifications
- Aptitude for proficiency with software applications aboard track measurement survey vehicles, including ENSCO’s proprietary applications;
- Familiarity with 49 CFR parts 213, 214, 229 & 238;
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, CDL Class B or greater
Qualifications Required (Skills)
Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the electrical, electromechanical, or mechanical field involving troubleshooting and problem resolution, or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 1 year of experience.
- Experience reading electrical or electronic schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience conducting equipment/machinery inspections (periodic maintenance inspections, preventive maintenance) and equipment upkeep.
- Experience with workplace safety programs.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating System; transferring files on a network, copying, and pasting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with tape measure and similar measuring tools.
- Functional knowledge of mathematics and fraction measurements.
- Valid Driver’s License
ENSCO’s Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is a leading provider of surface transportation research and technology development services with a long history of supporting railway, transit, and highway safety initiatives. Our products and services are provided to government agencies focused on transportation safety and security. ENSCO work protects our surface transportation network and has a significant impact on the protection of human life, the environment, and the economy. ENSCO’s ATE Division is part of the greater Surface Transportation Group (STG) within ENSCO, Inc.
Our staff conducts impactful research and advances technology in many exciting areas including:
- The behavior of railroad and transit track, rolling stock, vehicle components as well as control systems under a wide range of operating conditions.
- Advancement of leading-edge technologies including autonomous, non-contact and machine vision-based approaches for asset condition assessment.
- The application of artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to today’s most challenging asset maintenance issues.
ENSCO’s ATE Division is an exciting place to work and grow with many key benefits for technical staff, including:
- The opportunity to work with talented engineers, programmers, and scientists at all levels of the design and development process to solve challenging transportation issues.
- The chance to participate in testing and research initiatives utilizing unique test facilities and technologies.
- Bonuses for conference presentations and publications
- Direct exposure to customer personnel, financial management and business development.
Working in ENSCO’s ATE Division provides a means to acquire a wide range of practical skills and experience in a short period of time, work on exciting, ground-breaking projects that impact transportation safety and offers domestic travel opportunities if desired.
ENSCO provides a stimulating, collaborative, multi-discipline environment with coworkers from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds working together to make the world a safer place. Come join a stable and growing company and experience the reward of seeing the results of your work make an impact on some of the world’s most challenging transportation problems.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
• Annual education tuition reimbursement
• 401(k) Plan with 2.5% dollar-for-dollar company match in first year of employment, and up to 6% company match thereafter
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and HSA
• Leave available for holidays, bereavement, jury duty, military service, family medical leave, and as required by State law
• Paid Time Off
• 100% Company paid Employee Assistance Program and life, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, business travel accident, and professional liability insurance (employee only)
• Other voluntary programs, including supplemental life, auto and home insurance, and legal program
• Computer purchase discount
• Recognition and reward programs
• Patent awards
• Technical paper awards for presentations and publications
• Recruitment awards
• Length of service awards
• Community service recognition
ENSCO safety protocols include complying with all local, state and federal requirements, as well as customer requirements, to limit the spread of COVID-19, which may include the use of face coverings, social distancing and requirements for employees to be vaccinated. ENSCO employees who work onsite in Federal buildings and facilities must follow Federal agency workplace safety protocols and meet any applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements when working onsite. By accepting an offer, you acknowledge that your continued employment is conditioned upon your compliance with ENSCO’s health and safety protocols for your position, and those health and safety protocols are subject to change based on developments in legal and customer requirements applicable to your position at ENSCO and the changing public health situation.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.