Museum Exhibits Technician – DISCOVERY WORLD LTD – Milwaukee
Corporate HeadQuarters – Milwaukee, WI
Museum Exhibits Technician
Reports To: Exhibit Maintenance Manager
Schedule: Wednesday Sunday (8am-4pm)
The Museum Exhibits Technician is a high energy, fast paced problem solver, who is comfortable in a workshop as well as a public setting. Under the supervision of the Exhibit Maintenance Manager, the Museum Exhibits Technician will maintain and/or rebuild existing exhibits with an electrical/automated focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Experience Using design drawings, schematics, and specifications, select appropriate materials and maintain all finished exhibits.
- Knowledge in Arduino and Raspberry Pi environments required.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools; install, maintain, rebuild and/or repair existing exhibits with an emphasis on safety.
- Focus on documentation of repair and integration for exhibits.
- Strong focus on preventative maintenance when feasible:
- Advise Exhibit Maintenance Manager of developing faults in existing exhibits
- Recommend design changes or construction changes to improve durability and user safety
- Strong reporting of recurring maintenance to Exhibit Maintenance Manager
- Ability to work around large crowds and maintain professional demeanor.
- Follow safety procedures in the shop and whenever using tools.
- Ability to maintain and repair a variety of equipment (training can be provided).
- Keep a clean and safe working environment: maintained daily.
- Drive forklift as needed for material movement (certification/training can be provided as needed).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 lbs.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environments which involve dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally.
- Normal setting for this job is: workshop setting/museum exhibits with guests.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years post high school tech or trade oriented training.
- Minimum of one year practical experience applying trade skills.
- Past field service work preferred but not required.
- Some machining experience with various materials (plastic, wood, metals) preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Experience in Raspberry Pi integration, and should be familiar with the Arduino ecosystem.
- Electrical circuit design and documentation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical diagnostic tools.
- Extensive power tool experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.