Director of Sales, Corporate Travel
The Corporate Travel group builds business travel experiences for business customers and their employees, delighting travelers and making management effortless for admins.
We’re looking for a Director of Sales who will join us to create, build, and lead a team of business development representatives in the US market. This is the first sales role on the Corporate Travel team, and this person will be responsible for developing our sales strategy. The Director will be a player-coach, personally signing partnerships while coaching and growing a team.
In this role you will promote and develop a high level of engagement with business owners and travel managers. You will work collaboratively with potential clients to achieve success in their partnership with Hopper, while ensuring they have a best-in-class experience with our brand. Your primary focus is to gain and activate new accounts on Hopper’s Corporate Travel platform.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Develop the go to market strategy for selling our new platform to business owners and travel managers
- Hire a team of BDRs to acquire businesses on the Hopper corporate travel platform
- Create the team structure for our new organization
- Build and optimize compensation plans for BDRs
- Analyze and prioritize the team’s targets, outbound activity, and continuously find ways to optimize the team’s pipeline conversion strategy
- Communicate daily with a business owners or travel managers and act as their primary point of contact; Create and deliver presentations to potential clients
- Establish and execute against KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives) set in tandem with leadership
- Support client retention efforts through smooth onboarding of clients
- Gather feedback from clients regarding product enhancements and processes to drive partner efficiencies and increase revenue; Communicate feedback internally to help drive continuous improvement
- Represent Hopper in local markets, trade shows, and industry events to build the company’s company profile with our audience
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- 5+ years of experience in sales; Ideally 2+ experience in sales management
- Hired and managed a team before; Ideally from scratch
- Experience selling B2B software; Ideally in travel
- Experience selling to middle market business owners or managers
- Developed and executed strategy as a player-coach to deliver meaningful results
- Created a sales pipeline management process in a CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Worked with product and engineering to drive product improvements that increase sales
- A history of using data and tools to conduct analysis, drive insights, and create actionable improvements
- A bias towards action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved
- Great communication and organization skills
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More About Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.