Director of Regional Marketing
- Work closely with VP of Marketing to define and support the implementation of regional and individual marketing plans and budgets for each of the ports in the region (or fleet as required). Ensure that these marketing plans are in line with overall brand strategy and meet commercial objectives while also enabling the exceeding of annual revenue targets.
- Alongside VP of Marketing work closely with Group Marketing team on marketing strategy alignment between Portfolio and Vertical business units.
- Assist with defining marketing goals and KPIs
- Stay abreast of local competitor actions and lead the development of marketing plans to counter competitive threats.
- Manage local PR opportunities such as listings, community conversations and work closely with PR team to identify earned media opportunities from the regional/local perspective.
- Drive marketing strategies rooted in performance and new idea generation. Develop marketing strategies with a strong understanding of key performance indicators along with intense curiosity of the every changing marketing landscape to stay ahead on trends and drive new ideas.
Organizing Activities (20%)
- Schedule and lead regular meetings with Regional/Local Port Sales teams to ensure that an open communication is maintained.
- Maintain close lines of communication with the region’s Vice President, Sales and Operations functions to ensure marketing strategies are well conveyed and understood.
- Drive cross-marketing and cross-promotional activities across the Region.
- Regularly report status of plan and areas of opportunities to key stakeholders and continue to improve and develop the brand awareness at the regional/local level.
- Be a brand advocate
Managing & Supporting Activities (40%)
- Own port and regional level marketing KPIs. Actively participate and gain agreement on all activity through Commercial Focus process to ensure revenue and EBITDA goals are met.
- Provide marketing support, partnership and leadership to port and regional sales teams. Enable them with the tools they need (such as segment-specific strategies and marketing tactics, including direct mail, e-mail, showcase cruises, and promotional partnerships) to effectively convert opportunities.
- Lead port and regional B2B initiatives such as collateral development and trade show representation in order to build awareness and effectively convert opportunities.
- Effectively activate fleet, regional and local promotions at a port/regional level.
- Leverage fleet, regional and local promotions in local media and channels to drive revenue for regional properties and fleet- overall.
- Own port pages on website, ensure content is accurate and up to date and work with Brand & Product Marketing team / Group teams to maximize visitor conversion.
- Partner/manage relationships with third party marketing vendors/agencies on locally driven media channels such as Audio, OOH, Print, Digital etc.
- Liaise with Creative Services team on regional creative requests and project manage the process from start to finish.
- Exploit and monitor performance of initiatives and revenue through all channels and develop and/or support any required initiatives with guidance of vertical core marketing team.
- Oversee the management of all regional marketing and sponsorship agreements. Work in partnership with VP of Marketing to ensure the maximization of reach and exposure of these agreements have a positive effect on revenue targets.
- Document and track all the marketing expenses by port and resolve any billing discrepancies.
- Work closely with corporate accounting team to ensure timely invoice submission for payments.
Controlling Activities (10%)
- Manage local and regional budgets, provide reporting and performance metrics as required.
- Track timelines on planned marketing campaigns to ensure timely delivery and activation.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of Fleet Product, Service and Brand standards across the region while also adopting a flexible and consultative approach to local marketing initiatives and promotions enabling the regions to achieve maximum exposure.
- Manage performance of all activity (fleet, regional, port promotions and offers) and provide performance reporting to all business functions.
- Analyze and champion the regional guest & market trends, needs and developments
- Input key learnings to inform marketing strategy and positioning in the regions
- Maximize messages for guests coming inbound or going outbound from the region to the whole City Experiences portfolio
- Obtain access to regional market research, collate relevant details and propose the implementation within City Cruises brand guidelines.
Develop Port Marketing Capabilities
- Provide regional input into vertical brand development and marketing initiatives and coordinate all communication and feedback between the teams.
- Adapt and implement promotional marketing campaigns for Fleet products against B2B & B2C revenue streams.
- Advise and provide support on the development of ad hoc activities on a regional/port level taking into account guest demographics and needs in the particular area.
- Ensure that ports are aligned to the overall business strategy
- Leverage all available marketing toolkits
- Share best practices
Ensure that City Cruises adopts the right Content for each market:
- Ensure that ports use appropriate content in all channels
- Work with eCommerce teams to ensure they build relevant landing pages and promotional content appropriate to each port
Work and collaborate on local and regional PR:
- Support Portfolio Communications team to ensure PR effectiveness by supporting national, regional and local port needs in the regions.
- Develop and leverage PR for all relevant marketing initiatives.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or marketing related master’s degree preferred
- Hospitality Industry experience highly desired
- Experience (5+ Years) in holding a regional (multi city) role, supporting business units in multiple geographies
- Demonstrated success in working in managing teams and working in a matrixed organization (achieving through influence vs authority)
- Experience (5+ years) in both B2B and B2C marketing
- Demonstrated success in building insight driven, metric focused, multi-channel, integrated marketing plans that deliver YOY revenue growth
- Demonstrated success in offline and online media planning and buying that drives brand awareness and conversion.
- Demonstrated success in innovative, revenue driving partnership development and activation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal – to be able to develop relationships with local business units
- A problem-solver and self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, with some experience managing a team
- Satisfactory background check
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.