DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
As the world’s premier active travel company, Butterfield & Robinson designs and runs immersive, inspiring, and unforgettable journeys. Since 1966, Butterfield & Robinson has provided our travellers with exceptional experiences and extraordinary memories. B&R’s success depends upon maintaining and continuously improving its place as a brand leader in its field.
We’re seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to lead the Marketing team. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Marketing is responsible for ensuring all marketing efforts are aligned with B&R’s creative direction, business strategies and other company objectives.
Butterfield & Robinson has a supportive work environment and a company culture in which people are encouraged to grow and develop in their roles. Benefits of working with B&R include a flexible working environment, opportunities for career development and growth, extended health coverage, volunteer days, and a focus on health and well-being through wellness perks and benefits.
- Evaluating and developing B&R’s marketing strategy and marketing plan;
- Researching demand for products and services, and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the competitive landscape;
- Fostering loyalty and engagement with current travellers, and developing and executing plans to acquire new;
- Overseeing the strategic vision, production and delivery of all marketing messaging, including print materials, social media, and all other content marketing; set measurable objectives for each communication;
- Building brand awareness and positioning through various channels;
- Developing and managing public relations campaigns;
- Developing promotions and sales strategies with B&R’s team sales and planning experts to support growth strategies with a view to maximizing profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction;
- Understanding, developing and managing oversight of relevant budgets;
- Managing marketing projects to completion, while ensuring that objectives, budgets and timelines are met;
- Managing relationships with external vendors and selecting outside design agencies and web designers as appropriate;
- Continuously looking for ways to improve B&R’s communication and information.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Impeccable communication skills, with a particular talent for the written word;
- An affinity for creative brand marketing;
- Deep-rooted curiosity and desire to innovate;
- Ability to motivate others and coach at all levels
- Proficiency in MS Suite of tools, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Sharp with numbers, with an analytical mindset
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to collaborate with others to refine a vision, and deliver it clearly;
- A team player with a high level of dedication to the team who is always willing to muck in;
- Meticulous attention to detail in all areas of work; and
- Ability to hit deadlines and deliver great results.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as a marketing professional with a broad understanding of marketing strategy in different channels;
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Business or another related field;
- In-depth knowledge of the international travel industry;
- Design and delivery of detailed marketing projects, on time and on budget;
- Hands-on experience in various marketing channels, with a strong understanding of marketing analytics;
- Development and implementation of marketing plans for a business in growth strategy, with relevant key performance indicators;
- Managing external vendor relationships;
- Successfully managing the performance of individuals and a team in a productive environment;
- Knowledge of the luxury market; and
- Past experience as a creative director in an agency environment is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit www.butterfield.com.