Director, Business Development – Leisure
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately-held company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Travel Edge Network division has presence in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has over 160 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide. Our brand promise – to create the experience to Be Well Travelled.
We’re seeking someone who would thrive in the role of driving Travel Advisor Acquisition in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. The role of Director, Business Development, Travel Edge Network will be based in a major North American market and will have the opportunity to significantly impact the performance of the TEN division. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this travel industry expert will be part of the team responsible for onboarding $50+ million in travel bookings by identifying, qualifying and recruiting new Travel Advisors into the Travel Edge network. The ideal candidate combines outstanding travel industry experience, business acumen and superior communication skills. You will advance our understanding of the North American advisor landscape and develop the playbook for advisor acquisition by analyzing target markets and identify prospective opportunities. This Director will be a builder who is entrepreneurial, methodical and creative with proven ability to go beyond traditional business development approaches.
Your work will positively impact Travel Edge Leisure’s business strategies and plans.
- Conduct preliminary research on potential clients to create a target list of new Advisors with an existing book of business to maximize effectiveness in the sales process
- The ability to develop a strong understanding of different market segments across the North American region resulting in the creation of a strategy to successfully approach desired targets
- Proven ability to initiate an action plan to approach and secure new business for the Leisure division
- Proven track record of developing, executing, and managing a pipeline of new business
- Work with the team to develop and create a recruitment strategy and process to acquire new travel advisors
- Refine the Travel Edge offer and evolve tactics to conduct analysis to support critical business decisions based on facts
- Polished and poised with the ability to build relationships with travel vendors and existing clients to generate leads, referrals and new business in a proactive manner
- Minimum five years of progressive work experience in the travel industry in sales or business development or has progressive travel industry experience with a history of proven business success
- Has a roll-up your sleeves approach with the flexibility to move quickly and navigate a large and complex marketplace
- Excellent communication skills and persuasive skills with proven ability to influence external prospects
- Naturally curious with a strong determination to work around obstacles
- Takes ownership, initiative and is self-directed
- Consultative selling and client relationship development experience, with proven success
- Collaborative and confident with sound judgment
- Has a straightforward style and can quickly generate trust with a variety of stakeholders
- Unquestionable integrity, high energy and a sense of urgency
- Embraces challenge and has the desire to be a part of a fast-growing company where the only constant is change
- A results-driven and forward-looking perspective. Holds self and others accountable
- This role requires approximately 25% travel
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI-driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace – building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Low ego and a team player.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and commission structure
- In-house training & support
- Paid benefits
- Paid vacation
- Company paid RSP contribution
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.