Travel Trade Marketing Manager – Development Counsellors International – Toronto
CompanyDevelopment Counsellors International (DCI), headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire a Travel Trade Marketing Manager to join our “place marketing” agency inToronto. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”- visitwww.aboutdci.com.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer and has taken a Diversity Pledge to ensure our agency is advancing racial justice, identifying unconscious bias, educating our staff, and using our place marketing platform to advocate for change. Our agency is also a member of the Diversity Action Alliance and Black Travel Alliance. While this job posting is a guide, we welcome applicants that may bring diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences to DCI.
Are you the only person you know who knows relishes working a trade show booth? When someone says tour operator – can rattle a dozen names off the tip of your tongue? Does the idea of training countless travel advisors excite you to the core? Do you relish presenting your big ideas to clients and convincing them that your strategy is the right one to help them rebuild tourism? Do you know enough about digital marketing to be dangerous? Do you have a handle on managing revenue, expenses and profit? Then this job is for you!
This Travel Trade Marketing Manager will lead B2B destination marketing initiatives for domestic and international travel destinations.
- 5-7 years of travel trade sales and marketing experience required
- Strong presentation skills and confidence in making public presentations before both a live and virtual audience
- Solid interpersonal skills and passion for selling
- Excellent writing skills an absolute must
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Impeccable organization; Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to juggle the needs of multiple clients
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be willing to travel at least one week per month
- Driver’s license required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Candidate that has worked with Middle Eastern destinations and possibly possess a level of foreign languages such as Arabic and/or Spanish should call this out in their cover letter
- Due to the travel and client facing responsibilities of this role, candidates must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible time off
- 401k match
To apply for this job please visit aboutdci.hire.trakstar.com.