Tour Guide & Concierge (Earn & Learn – SP23) – The Culinary Institute of America – Hyde Park
TheWelcome Center Tour Guide& Concierge is responsible forproviding supporttoguests,assisting our Restaurants withconfirming reservations, conducting public and Admissions tours, and conducting public demonstrations.This position is responsible for providing customer service excellence via phone, email, and in-person customer service.
Shifts available: Monday to Friday, 8am to 2:00pm, Saturday 8am-8pm, and some Sundays
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To articulate and have professional speaking abilities.
- Welcome all guests entering Roth Hall.
- Direct guests to restaurants and campus locations.
- Answer questions pertaining to campus options and availability.
- Maintain a helpful and friendly attitude towards all students, staff, faculty, alumni, parents and members of the outside community.
- Answer guest questions in person, on the phone and via the Internet.
- Schedule tours and confirm reservations.
- Provide visitor tours and public demonstrations.
- Provide Admissions tours for prospective students and families.
- Phone guests to confirm restaurant reservations.
- Use OpenTable to retrieve guest information and confirm reservations in the system.
- Make adjustments to reservations as requested by guests. i.e., Number of people, Time of Reservation, Date of Reservation, Celebration Notes, etc.
- Confirm Special Event Reservations and explain the seating for Special Events.
- Provide outdoor directional support as needed to the restaurants and event locations.
- Assist in filing, scanning and copying in the office as needed.
- Assist professional staff with other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED PRIOR EXPERIENCES
- Customer Service
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING OUTCOMES OF ASSIGNMENT
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adhering to standards of operational excellence, safety, efficiency and educational goals set by the CIA.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with guests, students, and faculty/staff.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
Successful applicant must be able to perform all related functions of the assignment which may include working nights and weekends, ability to bend reach and stand for long periods of time, lifting and carrying of items up to fifty (50) pounds, and the ability to withstand high ambient temperatures.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.