Mountain Adventure Park Manager – CM Resort, LLC – Conway
*****This is a Full-Time, Year-Round Salaried Position*****
Provide a clean, friendly and fun experience for our guests at the resort’s Mountain Adventure Park by managing and controlling the day to day operations of the park during operating seasons, and preparing the parks for operations both in the fall and spring months. Duties include equipment purchasing and maintenance, hiring and training staff, budget management, and leadership of staff toward department goals. Communicate regularly with immediate supervisor and other company departments/personnel to plan, coordinate, and evaluate activities, exchange information, and resolve problems. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to get and keep guests.
As a prerequisite to employment, a background check and credit report will be performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate daily park operations.
- Prepare the Mountain Adventure park facilities preseason for the different operating seasons.
- Hire, schedule, train and supervise the Mountain Adventure park staff, including performance evaluation and any necessary discipline, following resort policies, procedures, and applicable state & federal laws.
- Plan and conduct weekly staff safety & service meetings and activities.
- Communicate Net Promoter Scores to staff members and effectively utilize this information to motivate & reward staff.
- Follow up on training of staff members by assigning and checking work, resolving problems, and utilizing formal training & evaluation programs with documentation.
- Supervise and manage the day to day operation of the Mountain Adventure Park.
- Provide a safe and clean work area at all times.
- Responsible for creating, managing the Mountain Adventure park budget.
- Responsible for the documentation procedures including staff safety and informational training, surface lift and attractions operations and incident training.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) by following the Make the Guest Right program while interacting with guests. Respond to all guests and employees in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Implement additional guest service policies and insure they are carried out effectively.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Flexible working hours. Some job sharing may be required.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates, and directs staff to ensure adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established goals and objectives. Ensures that all employees receive the training, support, guidance, feedback and resources necessary.
- Directs the establishment of departmental standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budgeting and staffing to ensure proper planning, efficient operation of departments and successful achievement of resort goals.
- Establishes and evaluates financial and profitability goals through annual capital and budget plan process.
- Monitors and evaluates operational projects to ensure the successful execution of activities and to improve the effectiveness of the areas of responsibility.
- Represents resort at industry specific functions and local community as necessary to contribute operational expertise and value.
- Maintains and enhances a guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility. Monitor and communicate N.P.S. survey information weekly.
- Maintains schedules in compliance with regulations and authorities having jurisdiction; manages responsibilities in compliance with resort safety policies.
- Schedule and administer weekly meets to discuss safety and guest service topics. Meeting to be documented and recorded.
- Maintains current status on legal issues and technological advances which impact the industry; maintains awareness of scope and progress of competition.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of employees, guests and all other outside contacts.
- Ability to delegate responsibility, motivate and lead direct reports to achieve goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with state and federal environmental standards and OSHA regulations.
- Understanding of corporate and resort specific policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, equipment and Cranmore Mountain Resort guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of you or others.
- Drive in accordance with the law and Cranmore Mountain Resort policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related course of study, 3 to 5 years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office; ability to quickly learn additional applications.
Manage 50 – 75 subordinate employees. Responsible for the supervision, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To apply for this job please visit cm-resort-llc.checkwritersrecruit.com.