Seadog Docent – City Experiences – Chicago
City Experiences is seeking a Seadog Tour Guide for our City Experiences operation in Chicago, IL.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The successful tour guide is responsible for delivering informational and entertaining tours, ensuring guest comfort and safety while underway, and assisting with docking and undocking. Shipmates must uphold the strictest
safety standards for guests and crew, while maintaining a professional and friendly manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in RESPECT Service System
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers and vessel
- Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents
- Inform guests of Chicago’s architectural facts in an entertaining and enjoyable way
- Advertise upcoming cruises to patrons by passing out brochures and answering questions
- Maintain order on dock and in front of ticket booth by facilitating lines and providing
assistance to guests
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Energetic, friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Ability to work for at least 8 hours without sitting
- Must be available for work on all major holidays beginning March 31st through November 1st.
This includes, but is not limited to, Memorial Day weekend, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s
Day, 4th of July weekend, Labor Day weekend, Air and Water Show, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.