Safety & Security Manager (HSSQE) – Puerto Rico Ferry by Hornblower – City Experiences – San Juan
City Experiences is seeking a safety and Security Manager (HSSQE) for our Puerto Rico Ferry by Hornblower operation.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The Successful Safety & Security Manager will take an active role in the onboard and shoreside safety and security programs. Constantly evaluating efficacy, working with the operational staff to make real time program improvements when necessary.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all class documents related to ISM & ISO.
- Take an active role in the onboard safety and security programs. Constantly evaluating efficacy, working with the operational staff to make real time program improvements when necessary
- Coordinate and conduct annual internal ISM & ISO audits, annual management review of ISM & ISO programs and support external class audits
- Conduct, at least, annual vessel visits, in conjunction with vessel shoreside operational management if possible, to ensure compliance to QMS and ISM programs, looking specifically towards the general safe operation and adherence to security protocols of vessels
- Oversees the continual improvement of RESPECT Management System (RMS) and ISO related programs.
- Ensures that safety procedures and programs including, but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, and Competent Person are developed and implemented.
- Conduct and assist in the completion of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) / Safe Working Procedures (SWP) / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) (Risk Assessment).
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations for health and safety.
- Ensure the company complies with USCG, OSHA standards and those of State occupational safety agencies.
- Enforce company safety procedures/policies followed).
- Maintain inventory/distribute Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Conduct routine safety site & vessel inspections.
- Assists in identification, analysis and mitigation of business risks and hazards.
- Inspect interior and exterior work areas to determine if safety hazards exist (looking for broken equipment and damaged equipment, slip-and-fall hazards and other potential hazards).
- Observe workers to ensure that they follow company safety policies/procedures.
- Solicit feedback from workers and use that feedback to improve existing programs or create new ones.
- Provides safety information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; publishing reports; writing and special bulletins; maintaining osha records; submits OSHA reports.
- Continually improve the safety of our workplaces and our public areas.
- Interacts with leadership in the development of training materials suited for each individual department.
- Analyzes training needs in individual departments, as well as improve and modify existing programs.
- Tracks the training requirements of the company. (Monitor and track training of crew and staff within the organization. Conduct frequent gap analysis to support continued compliance to training requirements)
- Coordinates and arranges portions of New Hire Orientation, ISO & ISM programs.
- Develops, researches, and organizes training material, including manuals, multimedia, and other educational material.
- Assists in the coordination of employee evaluation process.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Interacts with individual departments in the company to assist in proper documentation.
- Conducts and arranges CPR and First Aid training programs.
- Conducts Safety Management System/Program reviews with Master(s), Officers and company leadership
- Maintain documented information relevant to contractual compliance as per RMS system.
- Creates RMS documents for departments and files them electronically in RMS system file management portal.
- Oversees other aspects of Health, Safety, Security, Environment, Quality programs, necessary for the company.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- USCG Masters (100 ton) or equivalent
- Current CPR Training
- HAZWOPER Training
- Certified Security Training Company Security Officer
- Experience working in a team and operational environment to manage systems
- Experience with Word, Excel and organizational documentation file management systems
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
The RESPECT Service Systemembodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.