Community Engagement Coordinator – NYC Ferry – City Experiences – Brooklyn
Salary Range $60,000+
City Experiences is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator for our NYC Ferry operation in Brooklyn NY.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
The Community Engagement Coordinator supports the Vice President of Public Affairs and the Community Engagement Team with the identification, planning, tracking, and in-person implementation of a high-touch community relations and public outreach strategy at NYC Ferry. This individual is passionate about public/community engagement, knowledgeable about New York City public transportation, and able to quickly distill complex information into easily understood answers. They are independent, reliable, and communicate well.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an ambassador and embody the values of NYC Ferry (“NYCF”) by representing the company in the communities we serve and throughout New York City.
- Educate communities and key individuals about City Experiences by Hornblower and the benefits of the NYCF Service.
- Assist in managing the implementation of a public affairs and community engagement strategy for NYCF projects to create stronger partnerships across the communities we serve.
- As directed, conduct in-person canvassing of local neighborhoods, including door-to-door small business outreach, general canvassing of areas near current or future landings, and flyering at high traffic pedestrian plazas and events.
- As directed, attend in-person events with external partners and represent HNY Ferry during interactions with attendees and hosts.
- As directed, provide virtual and/or in-person presentations to community groups, tenant associations, school groups, community boards, and workforce development organizations.
- Serve as the in-person community lead for outreach, flyering, events, etc.
- Manage relationships, in coordination with the VP of Public Affairs, with riders, community partners, and community boards to build the NYCF community identity and to identify opportunities for new partnerships, initiatives, or events.
- Manage relationships, in coordination with the VP of Public Affairs, with community boards by attending meetings, email and phone updates, and flagging any potential issues.
- Proactively raise community back to VP of Public Affairs.
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics, including providing feedback to identify key community issues to be addressed.
- Make recommendations for community strategies for NYCF to invest in community projects with maximum impact, integrating sponsorship and community.
- As needed, assist in the setup and breakdown of any NYCF materials at events.
- Maintain internal tracking of all virtual and in-person outreach activities, partnerships, and initiatives, including neighborhood canvassing, presentations to community groups, volunteer activities, tabling at events, and community organization meetings.
- Liaise with the internal marketing and social media team to identify opportunities to promote NYCF community partner events and initiatives.
- As directed, assist on community relations projects with external partners and internal teams
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working in a team and operational environment to manage systems.
- Experience with Word, Excel and organizational documentation file management systems.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service Systemembodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.