Captain – Liberty Landing Ferry – New Jersey – City Experiences – Jersey City
City Experiences is seeking a Captain for our Liberty Landing Ferry operation in Jersey City.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
Operates United States Coast Guard Inspected Small Passenger Vessels between the New York and New Jersey Waterfront, on routes in a manner that ensures the Safety and Security of the Crew, Enjoyment of the Passengers, and Respect for the Environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:•
- As the Master in Navigational Command, operates the vessel with due regard for proper Standards of Watch Standing and Wheelhouse Resources Management in accordance with the practice of good seamanship
- Assign each crew member work appropriate for his classification
- Conducts Safety Meetings in conformance with Liberty Landing Ferry policy, to ensure a routinely efficient and safe operation of the vessel at all times and the proper use of equipment during any possible onboard emergency
- Counsel and Discipline crew members regarding performance issues
- Directly supervises Deckhands in all areas of Marine Transportation Safety, Security, and Training
- Discipline crew members who fail to adhere to Company policy or USCG regulations
- Maintains Vessel Operations and Maintenance Logs, Personnel Reports, and all other Ship’s Business records
- Routinely conducts Watch Quarter Station Bill Emergency Drills in accordance with US Coast Guard regulations, and
- Routinely inspects all areas of the vessel for unsafe conditions, performs accident investigations, and makes safety announcements to ensure the safety and comfort of the crew and passengers
- Shall observe and evaluate the crew under their command
- Properly wears Liberty Landing Ferry Uniform at all times while in the presence of guests
- Oversees the cash handling aboard the vessel
- Follows all U S Coast Guard regulations and has a working knowledge of the Navigational Rules of the Road
- Assists guests and answers questions in regards to service & schedules
- Complies with and enforces established policies and procedures
- Ensures deck and engine room preventative maintenance.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- U.S. Coast Guard Inland Masters (50 ton /six (6) or more passengers) or equivalent, FCC Marine Radio Telephony,
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) Card
- Possess and maintain a current New York or New Jersey Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Two (2) years of boat handling experience preferred but not required
- Customer service experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of foreign language is helpful.
- The individual can perform abilities that demonstrate their competence in the practice of good seamanship, instills confidence in the crew, and ensures the safety of the passengers.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.