Accounts Payable Specialist – HMS Ferries – City Experiences – Brooklyn
Salary Range $22 – $24 Hourly
City Experiences is seeking a Accounts Payable Specialist for our HMS Ferries operation in Brooklyn.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the AP Supervisor, the AP Specialist is responsible for timely processing of invoices, expense reports, check requests, and payments for multiple locations within the company. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude who is comfortable with providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Validates account coding, manager approvals, and tax withholdings on invoices, expense reports and check requests conform to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies concerning processing and payment of invoices including 3-way matching.
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone and email
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Prepares weekly aging of vendor open invoices for payment selection
- Assists with and month-end closing accruals
- Assists with Concur employee expense report processing.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Advise Supervisor or Human Resources any changes of name, address or work status as it affects your compensation, benefits or employment.
- Accurately complete all documentation including payroll, time sheets, revenue reports, paperwork and invoices on a timely basis.
- Know and understand internal policies and external regulatory requirements that relate to your position and department.
- Additional job duties assigned to support Accounting Department.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- AA, AS or bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a combination of education and work experience
- 2-3 years in accounts payable where a high volume of transactions was processed in a multi-entity, professional environment.
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics or equivalent system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, with emphasis on Excel and the ability to understand & create spreadsheets
- Ability to manage priorities, workflow, and follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
The Companyis proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply.The Companyparticipates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.