Category Manager Executive
Location(s): United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
Hours per week: 37.5
Type of contract: Fixed term 12 MonthsTUI Group is recruiting a Category Manager Executive across to be part of a world-class retail buying team which select and source the product ranges for four TUI airlines across Europe. Working as part of the retail category management team, you will need to understand the TUI customer across the various source markets to support in areas of maximise revenue, margin, and customer satisfaction.
About The Role
As a Category Manager Executive, you will
- Support the Category Management team in the selection and sourcing of product ranges to maximize revenue, margin and customer satisfaction. Separate ranges are delivered for the summer and winter season and a differing range required for the required markets. The role will need you to build expertise on the separate source markets, supporting your category manager to identify the brands and products which appeal to their customers. To achieve this, we will expect you to immerse yourself into the buying habits across the multiple European markets that form our customer base.
- You will need to develop an understanding of competition airlines, and airports offerings, along with local source market products and pricing.
- You will be expected to gain retail buying experience and support with team administration, collation of information and consumer trends. Your role will involve working through the challenges of ensuring products can be adapted for the travel retail onboard environment where space is highly constrained, and products cannot be merchandised in a conventional retail manner.
- The role will involve support in driving customer communication through obtaining marketing assets and working with customer experience teams to implement strategic brochure layouts and additional support such as collating photoshoot samples.
- As part of the product team, you will work closely with Category Managers and Commercial teams to support promotional plans and onboard deals to drive incremental sales and margin in all source markets.
- You will need to work closely with the supply chain to ensure they can manage the selected products throughout the supply chain and support in managing appropriate stock levels through collaboration with wider inflight stakeholders.
- You will be expected to be an effective administrator of our buy on board and vendors, compiling and managing product data with great attention to detail in a timely fashion. Part of the administration process will include updating relevant data platforms, managing cost price changes, retail price changes and samples.
- Proven retail junior buying / junior category management experience
- Knowledge of FMCG food & beverage products and brands including fresh food, beverages, snacks and alcohol
- Internal / external stakeholder engagement skills
- Attention to detail and experience adhering to a critical path
- Excel, power point skills
- Organised, highly capable
- Flexibility to travel throughout Europe on a regular basis
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
About Our Offer
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNAIf you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email [email protected] really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tuigroup.com.