Museum Maintainer – Paint Shop – BROOKLYN INSTITUTE OF ARTS AND SCIE – Brooklyn
Brooklyn Institute of Arts & Sciences (Brooklyn Museum) – Brooklyn, NY
Full Time Union
A successful candidate will meet many of these requirements, and have the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Three years’ experience as a painter with skills in taping, spackling, mixing and matching of colors, paint and varnish stripping; experience in the selection and application of a wide variety of paint types and other finishes; experience in spray, brush and roller painting; experience in fine painting of interior detail and exhibition furniture.
- Work requires ability to stand, squat and work from difficult physical positions.
- Some tasks will require work from ladders, scaffolds and hi-lo.
- Good eyesight and color recognition a must.
- Performs independent work under the general supervision of the Operations Manager for all building maintenance, new construction and exhibitions as related to the painting trade.
- Will be required to erect and work from scaffolding and to clean all work areas to their original condition upon completion of painting assignments.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of shop equipment.
- Will prepare weekly activities report and will supply time and material estimates of work required for jobs in order to schedule work.
- Will act as a liaison between the Paint Shop and Operations in matters pertaining to safety.
Starting date: Immediate
Position Type: Full-time
Union Status: Union
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
At the Brooklyn Museum, we value all types of experience. For us, a successful candidate has many of the qualities listed in our job postings, and the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job. So if much, but not all, of a job posting describes you, then we welcome your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.