Outdoor Adventure Instructor – Bretton Woods Rec – Germantown
Bretton Woods Recreation Center is seeking an Outdoor Adventure Instructor to join our team! This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that believes our team members are our most important resource and therefore take great pride in selecting individuals that help us to achieve our mission.
The ideal candidate will be able to work weekdays and weekends. Workdays are event driven and more frequent in fall, spring, and summer months. In the summer (June, July, and August) there are more opportunities to work 5 to 7 days a week. This position will have staff working ropes course elements both high and low and nontraditional activities both inside and outside. Outdoor education programs focus on experiential learning and environmental education. Programs range from 3 to 8 hours long. Please include a cover letter if you are interested.
- Set up activities and offerings to be ready for clients
- Welcome participants and families with positive energy
- Monitor and lead guests during outdoor activities
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other staff
- Maintain safety standards and compliance
- Ensure that safety, fun, and education are priorities for all activities
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- Experience teaching or leading outdoor skills/activities
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work with all ages
- Must be flexible, positive, and can work in a team-oriented environment
- Able to work under pressure and focus on multiple tasks while maintaining high quality standards
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where change and improvement is always present
- Must have reliable transportation (no access to public transportation)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Lifting, carrying, pulling, and pushing up to 75 pounds
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable in personal watercraft (tube, canoe, stand-up paddle board, kayak)
- Free daily lunch
- Free play on our 18-hole golf course on Mondays*
- Access to Bretton Woods pool*
- Ability to use gear on days off*
*Subject to availability and management approval
Great people creating lasting memories in an inclusive and family-friendly environment.
We aim to be the leading recreational and wellness destination for the international community in the greater Washington DC area.
International & Family-Friendly
Respect, Inclusiveness, Integrity
Quality & Excellence
Transparency & Open Communication
To apply for this job please visit bwrc.hrmdirect.com.