Boat Captain at Wharf Ferry – Guest Services, Inc. – Washington
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Boat Captain at Wharf Ferry
Wharf Jitney, managed by Guest Services, Inc., is nowhiring part-time jitney captains for 2022 season. The season runs from March through December and the boat operates 5 days a week. All staff are required to workat least one day a weekend.
The starting rate for this position is $18/hr. Apply today to join our All-Star Team!
The Captain directs the ferry’s activities and operates the vessel safely and efficiently. This position serves as the primary contact onboard the vessel with the USCG concerning compliance with laws and regulations. The Captain administers training and drills aboard the vessel, and this position ensures a high level of customer service is provided
- Safe operation, cleaning, and general up keep of a passenger vessel.
- Safe vessel tie up to docks, piers, ships and moorings;
- Positive communication with client crew;
- Passenger embarkation/debarkation safety and operation;
- Repair and modification of related equipment such as pumps, lines, hoses;
- Grease, lube, and maintenance of the marine systems;
- Maintain accurate logs and records;
- Interacts with customers and management in a professional manner;
- Dock hand work as well as supporting non-motorized waterfront operations.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Current and valid USCG License and valid TWIC card required.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Previous dock/marina experience preferred.
- Ability to work remotely with little direct supervision;
- Ability to lift, carry, and move heavy objects and/or equipment;
- Ability to take and adhere to instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others;
- Small boat handling skills, passenger vessel experience a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand and walk on nearly a constant basis
- Able to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Carry, push/pull and/or lift materials weighing upwards of 75 lbs.
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Manipulate/handle/grip materials required to perform job
- Maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
- Vision must be correctible to 20/40 with full color vision and no night blindness.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Marina, boat and dock maintenance equipment .
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit guestservices.csod.com.