Adventure Guide, Golden Skybridge (Summer 2023) – Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit – Golden
The wage for this position is $17.00/hour
What will be your daily pursuit?
Provide a safe, informative and exceptional experience for guests
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and exceptional experience for all of our guests.
The Adventure Guide is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Daily opening and closing procedures for all of our attractions
- Supervising the progress and experience of guests on the attractions
- Fitting harnesses, helmets and other equipment correctly and supervising the use of all safety equipment
- Conducting safety orientations
- Using guest engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each guest. Building excitement about the forthcoming experience
- Assuring the safety and wellbeing of guests throughout each experience
- Coaching, Assisting and Rescuing guest from our attractions as required to ensure all guests have a positive experience
- Conducting inspections of infrastructure and equipment
- Assisting with course maintenance
- Attending required meetings and training
- Assisting with weigh-in, waivers, and harness distribution
- Facilitation of guest’s experiences, including: establishing rapport with each guest; reviewing safety issues and answering questions; demonstrating how to carry gear and wear safety harnesses; continuing to build relationship with guests throughout the experience by using communication skills to listen, engage, and converse
- Attaching guests to cables and other equipment and performing essential safety checks every.
- Assisting with the launching and landing of each participant on the zip lines, ensuring their safety on every approach
- Responsible for all gear safety and maintenance, including but not limited to washing, cleaning, sanitizing, and preparing the equipment.
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- Must pass and complete required site-specific safety training. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Potential guides must be able to work at heights comfortably
- Be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings
- Be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively along with being able to multitask
- Have great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience
- Previous experience considered an asset
- Candidates must be 16 years old on or before April 1 of the summer for which you are applying
- Prior experience with outdoor recreation, athletics, educational roles, high ropes instructor experience, ziplining, climbing, lift operation or guest relations is a plus
- Guides must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business instructions, technical procedures, or government regulations written in English
- Physical Demands, Candidates must:
/ Have the physical capability to assist and accommodate guests of various sizes throughout the course, including rescues
/ Be able to hike, climb, and rappel to and from high altitudes
/ Possess full range of overhead arm motions. Have full hand dexterity. Have strong upper body to pull self and the potential addition of 250 pounds along each cable’s incline
/ Be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Every guide is required to work in a fast-paced, professional, and team-oriented work environment. Most work is conducted outdoors in climates from 10° to 35° Celsius
What will your work environment be like?
This fun summer job runs from May to October 2023.
- Beautiful. You’ll work in an iconic, unforgettable and inspiring location. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around our historic hotel
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in British Columbia, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Pursuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pursuit values diverse backgrounds and experience and we welcome all who are eligible to work in Canada to apply! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit banffjaspercollection-pursuit.icims.com.