Open Top Tour Guide, Jasper(Summer 2023) – Banff Jasper Collection by Pursuit – Banff
What will be your daily pursuit?
Delivering interpretive content in a fun and engaging way that will ensure the best guest experience
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Work experience in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring location
- Free access to Pursuit attractions for staff and family, send a friend at half the price!
- Discounted hotel stays under Pursuit’s lodging offerings, and discounted food & beverage and retail experiences
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Access to subsidized mental health and wellness resources
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
- A fliver is: a 1930’s Ford Automobile
- Guide: someone who leads a group though an experence
- A Flivver Guide with Open Top Touring is more than a guide in the traditional sense they wear the hats of; memory maker, experience developer, purveyor of passion, time traveler and smile provider
- Providing international guests with an amazing experience
- Greeting guests and welcoming them onboard
- Ensuring safety of all passengers
- Understanding of route and content of the tours
- Delivering interpretive content in a fun and engaging way that will ensure the best guest experience
- Providing an interactive and engaging 90 minute tour loops
- Communicate with the base and Coordinators
- Ensuring that all guest are accounted for at any stops
- Stay on time and to schedule
- Act as an ambassador of Banff and Open Top Touring
- Complete pre-trip with vehicle at the compound before leaving for base
- Attuned with weather patterns, and determine roof requirements – remove or install roof as required safely and store properly
- Wear time period uniform and use provided props and materials to bring content to life
- Driver logs and safety requirements as per Transportation Canada
- Operations of base
- Ticket sales, POS and cash handling
- Prep for next tour by; printing manifest, sanitize hats, and restock props
- Help with beverage refills as needed
- Cash handling
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- An interest in tourism/hospitality and the Canadian Rockies
- Dynamic, outgoing, fun and energetic
- Will provide full training for right candidate
- Enthusiastic and animated
- Fluent in English
- Safety minded with a class 4 driver’s license
- Experienced in group management
- Organized, smooth under pressure, guest focused, positive attitude, and vivacious
- Works well with others and independently
- Like to make people smile and can tell a story in 3D
- Passion for travel and people
- Natural storyteller
- Knowledge of Canadian History, an asset but not mandatory
- Acting or theatrical background an asset
- Punctual, detailed, conflict resolution skills, hardworking and driven
- To honour our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
***Some Driver training will be provided. Class 4 is a commercial license for 24 passenger vehicles, to obtain this license you need to know the rules of the road and can pass the test in a regular vehicle, once you have the license we can train you to do the rest.***
What will your work environment be like?
This fun summer job runs from April 1 or May 1 to September or October, 2023.
- Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around national parks
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
This job description describes the role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Pursuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pursuit values diverse backgrounds and experience and we welcome all who are eligible to work in Canada to apply! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit banffjaspercollection-pursuit.icims.com.