Associate Director, On-line Fraud
About The Role
The role is an exciting new position, created to support the continued growth of the Tripadvisor brands and to ensure that we have the best in class solutions, to prevent, manage and minimise online fraud for our customers and partners. The team is a global team, with bases in the UK and the US.Reporting to the Senior Director of online Fraud Operations, the key responsibility of the role is to manage and develop the online Fraud Operations Team.The role also involves working with other teams to ensure that sufficient controls are in place to manage the flow of funds between end users and suppliers.
What You’ll You Doing
- Building relationships with the management team and assisting in the development of the on-line fraud mitigation strategy
- Using existing analytical resources, to identify areas of risk and develop processes and applications to mitigate against exposure to potential fraud
- Through analysis and working with the Operations Manager and the Systems and Reporting Manager, refine screening tools and processes to continual improve upon existing metrics
- Working with the online fraud team, developing processes to ensure fraudulent products are not offered for sale
- Working with the On-line Operations Manager to ensure sufficient awareness and training across the team to prevent, detect and respond to illicit activity.
- Assisting in the provision of analysis and reporting of key fraud metrics and KPIs.
- Leading the evaluation and implementation of diverse data sources to bolster fraud screening tools
- Working with partners to minimise risk from phishing and hack attacks
We Are Looking For Someone With
- Proven track record with at least 7 years’ experience in a transactional online fraud role
- Extensive previous management of consumer fraud risk mitigation, credit card fraud, financial crime and identity theft related issues.
- Experience with fraud detection tools such as Accertify or other combined rules based and machine learning systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain trends within data.
- Ability to work independently whilst directing a team across diverse geographies
- Confidence in presenting and explaining data to senior management
- Previous experience working in an online marketplace environment is a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of AML, KYC, KYB is also a distinct advantage
What’s in it for me?
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, around 2/3 day per week in the Oxford office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- Lifestyle benefit, £1050 to use on what you like, for example: gym membership, home office set up or holidays.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tripadvisor.com.