Fly Fishing Guide – Arkansas Valley Adventures – Kremmling
AVA Rafting & Zipline: Fly Fishing Guide
Location: Kremmling, CO
Schedule: Seasonal Full Time
Start Date: May 2023
Compensation: According to pay scale of river mileage and sections checked out on, starts at $70 per 4 hour float trip and $36 per 2 hour walk and wade trip , + up to 10% end-of-season bonus upon completion of contract + hourly work compensated at $15/hr.
Looking to make adventure your job? Why not work for the best adventure guide company in the state of Colorado. AVA has several locations that all offer their own unique opportunities and activities (so much more than rafting and ziplining). Employees enjoy consistent work where they help make lifetime memories for their guests every day. The good times don’t stop on your days off as AVA employees can experience any of our activities they want for free or even rent out company equipment on their own free of charge.
Make incredible mountain peaks, towers of granite, and rushing rivers your office. Our positive and energetic culture have led countless guides to friends and memories that last a lifetime. There are even opportunities for year-round employment through our sister companies, Breckenridge Ski & Sport and Peak 1 Express. What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits.
Why work for AVA Rafting & Zipline? Click Here!
- Up to 10% End of Season Bonus
- Free Adventure Trips with AVA
- Free Shared Shuttle Services with Peak 1 Express
- Free Ski, Snowboard and Bike Rentals with Breckenridge Ski & Sport
- Employee Campground Offered at Buena Vista Location
- Year-round work opportunities available through AVA, Peak 1 Express and Breckenridge Ski & Sport
- Health Insurance & 401(k) offered to full-time, year-round employees
- Rec Center Access Offered at Idaho Springs Location
- ProForm Deals Available to All Employees
- Discounts for Friends & Family on AVA Adventure Trips
- Discounts for Friends & Family on Peak 1 Express Services
Job Overview: As an AVA guide your job is to surpass the expectations of our guests by leading world class adventures that provide safe and unique interactions with our natural environment every day. You should be passionate about setting the bar in our industry of safety, respect, and innovation while holding yourself to the highest personal standards with integrity.
- Run both walk & wade and river float fishing trips as needed
- Rig vessels, pack appropriate tackle and rig gear
- Drive a van with trailer to the river
- Teach guests casting skills, line management skills, and proper fish handling techniques
- Conduct safety orientation for guests
- Treat guests respectfully and engage them in conversation to maximize guest experience
- Demonstrate proper boat handling techniques
- Work outdoors for long days in diverse weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Experienced fly fisher -professional experience (required)
- Whitewater Rowing experience (required)
- If you do not have professional experience, you will be required to attend our River Guide Training which is about 4 weeks long.
- Enjoy working with guests
- Demonstrate knowledge of river and insect morphology
- Possess a high level of knowledge in fly fishing tackle and how to use it
- Able to provide informative, educational, and exciting direction to guests
- Understand and exemplify AVA core values, vision and mission
- Click Here to view AVA Core Values, Vision & Mission
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, then please apply today! AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting & Zipline is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.