Raft Guide – Denali Park Village – Aramark –
The position of whitewater rafting guide requires the applicant to safely and professionally navigate large inflatable, oar-guided rafts with up to 8 passengers through whitewater ranging from Class II to Class IV. The guide will be expected to provide a guest experience that places an emphasis on safety and interpretive information. All guides will assist in all phases of the operation including staging of rafts, loading and unloading of rafts, rigging, guest greeting and guest outfitting and rafting warehouse support activities.
• Leads guests on organized and educational excursions
• Provide leadership and training for level I & II guides
• The Guide will greet guests and provide an orientation of all safety and necessary equipment concerns, basic etiquette, area regulations, safety procedures, resource protection
• Adheres to safety policies and procedures to ensure safety of guests
• Guides will ensure guide compliance with operations Manual and Contracts
• Be aware of MSDS sheets books and be able to use this information when necessary
• Guides should test the communications equipment prior to operation
• Must be a knowledgeable guide for clients, and provide support and reassurance
• Guides will be responsible for educating self on the local ecology, geology, history and culture to be well-prepared to provide information and answer guest’s questions.
• Ability to provide interpretation in a variety of settings
• Ability to choreograph your tour to educate and engage visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
• Adheres to cash handling policies and procedures
• Ensures security of company assets and a safe work environment through daily maintenance and housekeeping
• Works in conditions that involve exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures
• Maintains excellent customer service and a positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Work independently and confidently while on the water navigating an 18′ or 16′ raft through challenging whitewater conditions.
- Prepared, at all times, to act in a manner to protect both guest and self from foreseeable harm or injury to the best of their ability.
- Comfortable in a group situation and capable of sharing learned knowledge and information with the guests in a professional manner.
- Willing and capable of working on a team, and together with the crew, prepare the rafts, gear, and self for the scheduled trip(s).
- Report to work with all the necessary equipment required to perform the act of guiding a raft through Class III to Class V whitewater.
- Able to lift 50 pounds above one’s head on a regular basis.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 21 years of age by June 1st of operating season
- Verifiable experience or training in whitewater rafting techniques
- Current certification in Adult First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
- Pre-employment background and drug test are required for this position.
- Previous experience in commercial whitewater operations.
- Training in Whitewater Rescue Technician or Swift water Rescue Technician protocols. Previous experience in a customer service related field a plus.
- Advanced training in First Aid protocols such as Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness EMT or EMT/Paramedic
- Effective Communication and customer service skills.
- Maturity, responsibility and an ability to work unsupervised.
18′ or 16′ Inflatable watercraft, rowing frames, whitewater rescue equipment, cell phone, telephone, trailer jacks, cargo straps and ratchets.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Nearest Major Market: Alaska
Nearest Secondary Market: Fairbanks
To apply for this job please visit www.aramarkcareers.com.