Transportation Director – Yosemite National Park – Aramark –
This position will be primarily based in Yosemite National Park, CA. This position manages and directs the Transportation Operation at Yosemite Hospitality, a subsidiary of Aramark at Yosemite National Park.
The Director of Transportation includes direct oversight of all vehicle tours within Yosemite National Park and the Yosemite Valley visitor shuttle service. The Director of Transportation also oversees all fleet maintenance for bus and support vehicles within Yosemite National Park.
Housing: We offer subsidized housing ranging from $100-150/week depending on size of home. 2-4 bedroom homes available.
COMPENSATION: The salary rate for this position ranges from $90,000.00 – $105,000, depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This is Aramark’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of compensation for this position as of the time of posting.
• Direct and coordinate all operational and support functions associated with vehicle interpretive tours and vehicle maintenance within Yosemite National Park.
• Build a strong work team and positive environment by recruiting, hiring, and training managers, drivers, and dispatchers in the day-to-day oversight, monitoring, evaluation, and operation of all Yosemite Hospitality bus driving activity in and around Yosemite National Park.
• Address client needs in a proper and responsive manner to ensure the highest level of service is provided.
• Oversee the driver Safety and Training Program including ensuring that monthly safety meetings are conducted, participating in Safety and Communications Meetings and all other scheduled Safety Meetings.
• Provide transportation support as a contracted service upon request to Yosemite Hospitality partners and outside organizations. Follow-up billing for services.
• Develop and supervise Manager on Duty (MOD) program to directly supervise transportation operations during all hours of operation.
• Responsible for DOT FMCSR compliance.
• Assist in product development of new tour products in and around Yosemite National Park.
• Evaluate and change operational structure and procedure as warranted.
• Participate in the Environmental Management System (EMS) support group.
• Responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of the job position. Awareness of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and providing leadership direction in transportation management.
• Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience over a diverse skilled workforce.
• Working knowledge of DOT rules, regulations, and record keeping.
• Strong experience and demonstrated knowledge in logistics organization with a demonstrated ability to prioritize needs and demands.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, oral and written.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Minimum 3 years of previous experience in financial controls and analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan over a one-to-two-year time span.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Previous experience in guided tours or interpretive programs strongly preferred.
• Professional level training or certification in bus driver training strongly preferred.
• Previous Environmental Management System experience strongly preferred.
• Previous National Park Service experience strongly preferred.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Nearest Major Market: Merced
To apply for this job please visit www.aramarkcareers.com.