IT Specialist – Denali National Park – ARAMARK Corporation –
Our lodge and cozy cabins are located in the heart of Alaska’s magnificent interior, with awe-inspiring views of some of the most pristine geography on earth. Fine dining complements the untamed landscape and provides a relaxing place to return to after a day of guided hikes, whitewater rafting, or a tour into the heart of Denali National Park.
The Associate IT Manager will provide proactive support and maintenance around POS systems.
* This is a seasonal position (July – Sept/Oct)
* Employee housing provided
- Provides technical support of the application, interfaces and any customizations.
- Monitors support issues, ensures resolution plans and reports progress to management
- Proactively maintains systems and executes preventative maintenance plans. Monitors system status and reacts to issues as they arise.
- Work with users to define and evaluate business needs, challenges and inefficiencies that may be resolved through automated solutions.
- Analyze, review and alter systems, programs, and applications to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Responsible for communicating any defects to vendors and application owners and for coordinating testing and implementation of fixes.
- Develops and executes test and quality assurance strategies and plans.
- Works closely with ASP’s to ensure service levels are being met and risk to the business is minimal.
- Ensures that proper version control is strictly adhered to and that operational risk is minimized accordingly.
- Communicates with site users regarding any system enhancements and or scheduled upgrades.
- Participate in technical and functional training classes as necessary or required.
- Installs, tests and tunes software and hardware related to database management systems. Schedules and performs upgrades to databases.
- Extensive Micros and Quest point of sale experience.
- Two to four years of progressively responsible experience including, but not limited to, in depth, hands on expertise with large and complex hospitality and Point of Sales systems.
- Strong analysis, organization, communications, interpersonal skills and project management skills are essential.
- Experience with hospitality customer technologies is required.
- Must be willing to travel if there is a need.
- Must be willing to work event based hours, which may include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Location Specific Details
- The IT manager supports both the Denali Park Village as well as Denali National Park Concessions contract IT infrastructure.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aramark.com.