Hiking Guide – Denali Park Village – ARAMARK Corporation –
Our hiking guides specialize in the interpretation of the cultural, historical, and natural resources of Denali National Park, helping our guests to better understand the value of the environment they experience on their tour through the delivery of an interpretive narrative tailored to each of the hikes we offer. Our guides facilitate an outdoor experience for people from all walks of life, from avid adventurers to first-time hikers, and are responsible for adapting to guests needs and experience levels appropriately during these front country hikes.
• Leads guests on organized and educational excursions
• Pick up and drop off guests at predetermined locations, within set timeframes
• Distribute and collect liability release forms for all guests before each hike.
• Greet guests and provide an orientation of all safety and necessary equipment concerns, basic etiquette, area regulations, safety procedures, resource protection
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures to ensure safety of guests
• Test the communications equipment prior to operation
• Be knowledgeable and provide support and reassurance
• Educating yourself on the local ecology, geology, history and culture to be well-prepared to provide information and answer guest’s questions.
• Ability to provide interpretation in a variety of settings
• Ability to choreograph your tour to educate and engage visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
• Adhere to cash handling policies and procedures
• Ensure security of company assets and a safe work environment through daily maintenance and housekeeping
• Work in conditions that involve exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures
• Maintain excellent customer service and a positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• 21 Years of age or older
• Valid CPR/First Aid Certification
• Valid Driver’s License
• Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Advanced First Aid, Wilderness EMT or EMT/Paramedic preferred
• Multi-lingual skills a plus
• Must have extensive experience guiding in the same or related environment
• Sit, stand and walk for varied amounts of time
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be available to work flexible hours
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aramark.com.