Travel Agent – Portage, MI – American Arbitration Association – Portage
Travel Agent – The Auto Club Group
What you will do:
The Auto Club Group is seeking prospective Travel Agents who can generate new sales, retain existing members and grow ACG’s overall book of business through our multiple product offerings. You will be challenged to drive new business with competitive products and help retain The Auto Club Groups 13+ million members.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Sell company travel products, including actively soliciting and promoting new business, with primary emphasis on tours and cruises.
- Actively participate in branch/regional level company or vendor sponsored sales events.
- Solicit travel sales through outbound prospecting activities.
- Develop and maintain personal trade clientele and obtains referrals from existing clientele.
- Provide professional guidance and counsel to customers regarding their travel requirements.
- Promote/sell preferred vendor’s products and services.
- Offer ancillary products (hotel, car, TRIP insurance, travelers cheques) to enhance the primary travel purchase.
- Advise customers of various travel conditions including customs, immigration and inoculation requirements, hygienic practices, and cancellation/change penalties.
- Close the sale by utilizing appropriate sales techniques, including trading customer up to higher yield suppliers.
- Consummate sales by making necessary travel arrangements to include reservation, collection of money, and processing of documents.
- Receive and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain specified production standards and achieve revenue goal assigned by branch management.
- May oversee the daily travel operation in an assigned location.
With our powerful brand and the mentoring we offer, you will find your position as aTravel Agent can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
How you will benefit:
- Our Auto Club GroupTravel Agentearn a competitive salary of $12-$14 hourly plus commissions
- Travel Agents receive 100% backing from one of America’s most trusted brands to include paid training and generated leads
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Successful completion of an approved travel school or substantial experience as a travel agent
- Planning and booking domestic and international travel itineraries to include computerized airline ticketing, cruises, tours, hotels, car rental, and related travel products
- Sales techniques
- Market availability of travel products
- Travel conditions including customs, immigration and inoculation requirements, hygienic practices, political situations, monetary restrictions, and cancellation/change penalties
- Travel regulations including A.R.C. (Airline Reporting Corporation) and I.A.T.A.N.
- International Association of Travel Agency Network)
- Sell travel products
- Operate computerized reservation system equipment at required operating levels
- Communicate effectively in the work environment and with the public
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages to complete travel sales transactions
- Solicit travel client prospects
- Present travel program offerings to groups of people
- Work irregular hours
Successful agents will possess effective communication skills, strong phone sales, prospecting skills, ambition, motivation and drive!
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 14states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit autoclubgroup.taleo.net.