Director of Domestic Products – American Queen Voyages – Easton
American Queen Voyages’ mission is to create amazing experiences on the mighty rivers of the United States. Our unparalleled success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in numerous awards and recognitions including, multiple years of best places to work. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who is looking for professional growth in a team environment – the river is calling and this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The Director of Domestic Products is ultimately responsible for the successful development, operations and execution of all domestic shore excursions. This position will work closely with the research and development manager and operations managers as well as the other leaders in the department to ensure all products are within the scope and vision agreed upon. This position will monitor the progress, direction, success and operations of all shore excursions within its region and will have ultimate say over other managers to ensure the product is complete and correct.
In addition to the application process please click to take our Cultural Index Survey as a part of your application. The survey that takes approximately 7-10 minutes to complete.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody American Queen Voyages’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a long-term strategy, vision and development schedule for the international landproduct that focuses on the guest experience and profitability of land experiences
- Seek out new and improved land experiences and inspire, manage and supervise staff fromresearch to operation ensuring intended quality
- Work closely with Research and Development Manager and Operations Manager to ensureentire team is effectively working towards required vision and goals
- Supervise and support excursion product development and operational team
- Create and manage process and procedures for excursion development process from start tofinish• Work with other directors and teammates in all departments for collaborative operationalneeds as required
- Delegation and oversight duties include, but are not limited to:
- Weekly reporting duties
- Daily communication with vendors, bus companies
- Organizing and executing operational functions as needed
- Proprietary software management including entering tour information, services, dates,itineraries and more as needed.
- Local tour guide and staff training program management
- Regular communication with local and onboard staff
- Communication across multiple departments on current and upcoming excursion needs
- Reservation assignments
- Elevated guest complaints
- Occasional travel for various needs throughout the US or otherwise determined
- Assist and help coordinate in times of urgent matters including deviations or other emergency-related land needs
- Works closely with the Vice President for over-flow projects and needs
- Daily, weekend and holiday on-call requirements for emergency or urgent needs on the ground
- Hours may vary depending on Operational needs with vessels (including evenings and weekends)
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Associate Degree Required
• Bachelor’s Degree desirable
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience in Microsoft Office and Excel, at expert level is required
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and efficiency
• Ability to work in fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Must be willing to accept changes of direction in work and priorities with a positive attitude
• Must be a proactive, creative thinker and constantly think ahead to better serve our customers, both internal and external
- At least 2 years’ experience in related/relevant role
- Travel/tourism, hospitality and/or cruise industry experience strongly preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing
OUR VALUES – RESPECT
At City Experiences and American Queen Voyages, our mission is to create amazing experiences – not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork.
The Companyis proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction records to apply.The Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.