Outdoor Adventure Guide – Alterra – Snowshoe
Full Time – Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
To operate recreational activities and/or programs with the highest standards of guest service, fun and safety by adhering to and enforcing established policies, procedures, practices and philosophies. Assisting staff with daily tasks, providing training and development for staff, managing daily revenues and expenses, providing feedback to staff and direct reports.
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Attaining and maintaining require licenses, certifications, and accreditations
- Protects the company, its assets, participants, self and others.
- Operating within established guidelines for general safety and life-safety.
- Soliciting business and guests through communication with community partners, internal guests, marketing venues and positive word of mouth
- Identifying risk/liability issues and reporting them to appropriate persons, taking actions where necessary.
- Collecting and filing required release forms and other liability documents
- Using established service recovery guidelines and philosophies
- Ensuring all equipment and facilities are in good working order and visually appealing
- Protects company from potential losses by adhering to vehicle, equipment and facility maintenance schedules
- Using daily checklists to monitor condition of equipment, facilities, and vehicles
- Adhering to department and company security policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintaining gear and equipment for safe use and to prevent damage/misuse
- Provides safe environment and operations by adhering to and enforcing established safety guidelines, policies, procedures and practices
- Abiding by accepted resort and industry practices regarding environmental protection and conservation
- Provides the best guest experience
- Maintaining a positive, helpful and ‘can do’ demeanor
- Working assigned schedule and being punctual
- Demonstrating professionalism as established by department, resort, and industry practices
- Following established curriculum and agenda
- Assessing guest expectations and communicating to them what should be expected
- Ensures department success
- Encouraging return participation and generating enthusiasm about the activity
- Soliciting new participants to the resort and activity
- Developing appropriate relationships with industry organizations and other community partnerships
- Assists department operations
- Answering phones, collecting waivers, helping new staff, greeting guests, working with other departments and performing other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft office
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the activities being supervised.
- Experience as an outdoor activities guide.
- Specific Certifications Licenses Required:
- CPR/AED and First Aid
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately – both orally and in writing
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests’ expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was is required for successful, cooperative and fun team success
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold,snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, andpainting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.